Rescue on Mt Hood

wfinley

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a clownpunch. Sometimes I wish a rescue service had right to tell people to go and fuck themselves. He can bring a phone and surf facebook, but stupid tosser did not bring GPS or a compass to get down! Too bad it wasn't 30 years ago, when we would be able to find this dumshit after some snowmelt.

you sure spout off a lot about stuff you don't know a lot about.

what a clownpunch. Sometimes I wish a rescue service had right to tell people to go and fuck themselves. He can bring a phone and surf facebook, but stupid tosser did not bring GPS or a compass to get down! Too bad it wasn't 30 years ago, when we would be able to find this dumshit after some snowmelt.

you sure spout off a lot about stuff you don't know a lot about.

I bet did a few routes more then you. In 33 years did not need a rescue either.

I bet did a few routes more then you. In 33 years did not need a rescue either.

Gee, bully for you, you must be a badass climber. Not much of a person, but a great climber.

Jim Couch

Just because I am not blowing smoke up your ass, doesn't make me any lesser of the person. Behaviors like that should be branded. Calling for the rescue because you were a dumbass, doesn't make you cool- makes you a dangerous moron. And bragging about it on FB acting all friggin cool just confirms it. Get a clue.

Just because I am blowing smoke up your ass, doesn't make me any lesser of the person. Behaviors like that should be branded. Calling for the rescue because you were a dumbass, doesn't make you cool- makes you a dangerous moron. And bragging about it on FB acting all friggin cool just confirms it. Get a clue.

Who claimed that anyone thought it "cool" to call for the rescue? Some people made mistakes, they needed help and someone is willing to help.

You on the other hand just wish them to die for their mistake, and yes, that makes you less of a person, even if they are dumbasses.

Edited by KaskadskyjKozak

I don't wish the dude would have died up there. I do wish that more people would call him out for being a dumbass though. Instead, everyone's patting him on the ass and giving him an atta' boy when they really should be punching him squarely in the nuts for being an idiot.

Instead of praising him for "doing the right thing" by calling in a rescue then kicking back and creeping Facebook until SAR could bring him some hot chocolate, I'd think he deserves a severe tongue lashing from his mother (or GGK) for not being mentally or physically prepared to complete a climb in those conditions but climbing anyway.

I dunno, after reading his report it didn't sound like he was "waiting for hot chocolate" to

me, but I guess that's an interpretation. It sounded to me more like he was trying not to freeze to death, but I can see how the two might seem similar. But yours does sound a bit sarcastically dismissive to me, but who knows maybe that's what he was really doing, legs propped up on his pack, watching Netflix. Do you think that's what he was really doing? Im sure you must have met him and asked him questions and stuff before making up your mind, just like GGK, right? So you probably know what you're talking about, I'm sure.

I mean -- personally, I fuck up all the time. I've always been really lucky, though, and I'm really glad people didn't come and kick me in the nuts afterward, what would that have served?

Sounds like he was lucky this time, too, and I think he knows that. No need to invent "hot chocolate," so to speak, to make him look extra bad. Is there?

One time I tried to rap off of a bush. I'd like to say it was when I was a lot younger. Trust me, I didn't need a nut kicking after that -- scared straight. :)

I mean -- personally, I fuck up all the time. I've always been really lucky, though, and I'm really glad people didn't come and kick me in the nuts afterward, what would that have served?

Sounds like he was lucky this time, too, and I think he knows that. No need to invent "hot chocolate," so to speak, to make him look extra bad. Is there?

One time I tried to rap off of a bush. I'd like to say it was when I was a lot younger. Trust me, I didn't need a nut kicking after that -- scared straight. :)

How about someone that gets distracted on the cell phone while driving and crashes into a semi? Should the paramedics yank him out of the car and kick him in the nuts, you know, for being a dumbass? That's what GGK would do.

How about someone that gets distracted on the cell phone while driving and crashes into a semi? Should the paramedics yank him out of the car and kick him in the nuts, you know, for being a dumbass? That's what GGK would do.

Of course they should. After being on the receiving end of the stick 8 years ago on I-5, maybe a good kick to the nuts (on in the case of my accident a good punch to the box) is the only way to respond. I was rear ended on a bright sunny day, while doing 70mph. Even more, the woman who actually did it drove off afterwards (without checking if I was even alive), leaving me and my wrecked car in the ankle deep mud in the median. How about little personal responsibility? I guess, some people feel in title to do whatever they want, without taking the responsibility for their actions.

I don't buy the argument about this guy trying not to freeze to death. If your fingers are still able to type FB message while waiting for the rescue to arrive, you are not freezing to death.

I may think Glassgowkiss is an asshole, but he is right on all accounts. Fuck this guy. He endangered other people by forcing them to brave the same conditions he was too afraid to confront. Fuck him in his motherfucking ass. If your shit ain't broke, walk your ass down or die trying. Yeah, your life is worth a couple dozen guy's lives because you were too unprepared to deal with the consequences of your actions.

Folks on this site don't always have the best bedside manners but nevertheless have extensive experience.

Appears to be the case. I guess I just don't buy that having a lot of experience (in any realm) entitles a person to be an flaming asshole.

I may think Glassgowkiss is an asshole, but he is right on all accounts. Fuck this guy. He endangered other people by forcing them to brave the same conditions he was too afraid to confront. Fuck him in his motherfucking ass. If your shit ain't broke, walk your ass down or die trying. Yeah, your life is worth a couple dozen guy's lives because you were too unprepared to deal with the consequences of your actions.

So, let him die? Is that what you are saying, alcoholteke?

please put down the crack pipe.