Conspiracy?

kevbone

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And most of us aren't a burn out butt-rocker from Portland who ate too many drugs in the '70's, who develops his world paradigm from whacked-out internet conspiracy websites. Go Ron Paul!

Are you referring to me? Yeah...I ate too many drugs in the 70's when I was 5 years old.......

thats funny.

What is conspiracy other than just a scary way of saying “alternative agenda”?

These days conspiracies are just a way of measuring individual and broad demographic IGI (Internet Gullibility Index).

I would the say the gullible are the ones watching Fox, MNMBC and CNN.

Beat me to it.

Kids these days!

They'll argue for weeks about something like how our government spends its money without ever actually peeking at the federal budget. Hey, no one said there'd be MATH involved.

When its time to actually do something about all this terrible injustice, guys like Bone are are ON IT - their keyboard, that is. Another clarion call to a deaf audience - just another day in the life of a cyber revolutionary.

Precious little snowflakes, every one.

And most of us aren't a burn out butt-rocker from Portland who ate too many drugs in the '70's, who develops his world paradigm from whacked-out internet conspiracy websites. Go Ron Paul!

Are you referring to me? Yeah...I ate too many drugs in the 70's when I was 5 years old.......

thats funny.

See. You thought you were 5, but you were just really high.

there's no need for drugs at 5 - at 5 you're feeling pretty crazy fucked up all day every day already just trying to figure it all out - it's only when you begin to understand the world that you learn you're really much better trying to escape it!

there's no need for drugs at 5 - at 5 you're feeling pretty crazy fucked up all day every day already just trying to figure it all out - it's only when you begin to understand the world that you learn you're really much better trying to escape it!

I can still remember waking up from awesome dreams when I was 4 or so, and being pissed off that it wasn't real anymore. There was this really sweet army outfit with a helmet and rifle from the Sears catalog that taunted me with its siren call. I never did get it. :cry:

Beat me to it.

They'll argue for weeks about something.....

When its time to actually do something about all this terrible injustice, guys like Bone are are ON IT - their keyboard, that is.

Says the guy with 17,600 posts on cc.com..... Personal experience I take it?

Fact checking has become a joke in todays interweb world.

Kevbone declares facts are dead or, if not quite dead, can be taken on a self-service basis or sourced from the evidence sculptor of your choice. I'm thinking it's a quantum sort of deal deal where every version of the 'facts' are 'true' all at the same time.

Kev, dude...

Then again, we have a strong local tradition of creative perceptual realization and you certainly aren't the first PDX climber to just invent convenient realities as they go along.

de·lu·sion [dih-loo-zhuhn] noun

1. the state of being deluded.

2. a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.

3. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.

Let's just all be good sheep and believe our crooked criminal government when they tell us they killed Bin Laden and have presented ZERO evidence.

After all you should believe all of what you hear and all of what you don't see. Right?

And in this day and age it is SO difficult to obtain photographic and video evidence.

Osama put out a lot of very high quality videos of himself. There have been none since 2002. The ones released since then are either obviously not him or of such low quality, dark, out of focus etc that the person in them cannot be positively identified.

What is conspiracy other than just a scary way of saying “alternative agenda”?

These days conspiracies are just a way of measuring individual and broad demographic IGI (Internet Gullibility Index).

Yeah, the Official conspiracy theory (OCT) of 911 is the biggest example. It shows how effective the wholly corporate owned television has become as an indoctrination tool.

So you agree that the 9/11 conspiracy theories taken up in the Popular Mechanics article are "highly improbable fringe" theories.

Progress!!!

80 percent of the CIA's resources are spent on disinformation. The "straw man" is a well known disinformation tactic. Present an obviously false theory then try to tie it to the credible theories to discredit them.

So you agree that the 9/11 conspiracy theories taken up in the Popular Mechanics article are "highly improbable fringe" theories.

Progress!!!

80 percent of the CIA's resources are spent on disinformation. The "straw man" is a well known disinformation tactic. Present an obviously false theory then try to tie it to the credible theories to discredit them.

One of the real problems with government-related conspiracy theories is an overall lack of understanding of government charters, organization, policies, operations, competence, and effectiveness. That, and a poor understanding of human nature and how government 'plays out' in the real world.

Typical conspiracies always a assume that somewhere there exists some government organization or another which operates and executes with an unworldly effectiveness and inviolate secrecy and security. It's a wholly fictional, unrealistic, and naive view of the world, of governments, and of human nature in general.

And what's always the first casualty when you step off the precipice of this labyrinth of diminishing reality? Common sense. Why? Because none of these conspiracy theories - and most especially 911 - pass even the vaguest means test against common sense, Occam's razor, and undeniable realities and (gasp!) facts on the ground. All of these conspiracy theories are grounded in manufactured, self-reinforcing shared realities not unlike those of online games. In fact, they share a lot in common with online realities like Second Life.

Pretty much predictable when you pile a broad mix of classic far-right and -left fringe paranoia, religion, politics, fiction, the paranormal, pseudo-science, scifi, and schizophrenia into the blender that is the Internet and shake vigorously. I'm also positing more recent waves of it exhibit no small correlation with the past forty years of Dent/Atwater/Reed/Rovian social manipulations and the rise of right-wing media and talk radio.

[ P.S. And you clearly don't know squat about intelligence agencies in general and the CIA in particular. ]

I've never met a true political activist (one who actually works effectively to produce the change they want to see in the world) who is also a conspiracy junky. Not one.

Conspiracy theories don't stand up to the light of experience and real political action. The conspiracy junky avoids effective action in the real world to preserve his (it's almost never a 'hers') 'outsider' status and cherished cloak and dagger world view - most of which seems to be inspired by B movies and time gap filler cop shows.

It's all about maintaining one's special snowflakeyness (even though there are 50 million other morons who believe the exact same bullshit) and nothing about doing the often mundane grunt work of making any real change in the world. Snowflakes invariably pick mythical battles of epic proportions so they can end their tirades with "what can I do against the ******? (CIA, DOD, Free Masons, Jews...fill in the blank according to personal taste). They never, ever want to find themselves on the winning side - that might require actual work, and might involve getting it wrong once in a while during actual implementation of something actually really happening.

All this bluster about secret plots in a world where so much needs to change so obviously - and there are so many readily accessible ways to plug into being a meaningful part of that change.

All noise, no light = zero respect.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Hey Bone, did you ever volunteer for Ron Paul's campaign? Make any significant $$$ contributions? Did you ever bother to put your money and effort where your hyperactive mouth is?

Or would such grunt work be beneath one who has been chosen for the rarefied and sacred task of 'spreading the word' among an audience with which you have zero credibility and by which zero action will result. The harder to convert, the greater the glory, eh?

I wouldn't give a shit if the Bones of the world were a rarity.

Unfortunately, such dispepsic, self focused do-nothings aren't rare - at all.

The conspiracy junky avoids effective action in the real world to preserve his (it's almost never a 'hers')

Oh man, Ive met SO many "her" conspiracy theorists, though. To be fair. But my dad's crazy so I've been exposed to that demographic more than most maybe.

You're absolutely right, though -- so rare for any of them to actually volunteer for political action.