• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
MadManR

Banks Lake Ice

Ice starting to come in, climbed first pitch of clockwork orange thin but doable,,punchbowl is allmost there but big deathsicles, if it stays cold could get good.

Dear All,

I was out at Banks yesterday (5 January) and things are coming in. The Punch Bowl, PeeWee's Playground, even the Cable, were in adequate climbing shape. The problem is the current NOAA forcast shows a warming trend this coming week--supposed to be in the high 30s F out there and raining by mid-week, then it gets cold again. So it is possible that what is in right now might fall down by mid-week. But if the forecast is wrong, etc., then next weekend things could be pretty good.

Cheers,

Bob Loomis, Spokane, WA

Went and checked thinks out today, not too bad with the temps we had. Nothing is really in but lots of lines forming. Punchbowl will go, H2O2 is down but in rough shape. Shitting razorblades is looking great. If it dont get to warm will be good soon. Paul

Climbed Banks yesterday. I believe we were in the Peewee's Playground area. Lots of ice is coming in. A few things are in now, with a lot of climbs wet or almost touching down. With continued cold temps I expect it should be fantastic this weekend. I'm going out again tomorrow and will post an update.

H2O2 looked climbable, but a bit discontinuous and thin. apparently it got climbed Sunday and there was a fatality.

as of Saturday, 1/19, most lines still look pretty dry. we settled for two quickies in Pee Wee's Playhouse area, but wished we'd stayed around the Icicle Canyon.

Went over for the weekend with Joe 19/20th, and got a chance to climb with Bob who drove out each day. We heard Shitting Razorblades was in and since Joe had done it last time it was in we figured it was a good place to start.

DSCN1897.JPG

Being a trio we climbed it in three pitches Joe got us started

1st pitch

DSCN18551.JPG

I got 2nd pitch

DSCN1894.JPG

DSCN1857.JPG

Bob coming up pitch 2

DSCN18641.JPG

Bob on pitch 3

DSCN1872.JPG

I was last to rap while I was coming down Bob and Joe were already scoping out a line to the left off of second tier.

DSCN1898.JPG

Joe decided to giver fun line to end a great day on!

DSCN1892.JPG

Sunday we finished off the trip at Pee Wee's

What a fun weekend good ice and great partners!

Edited by Skatan

nice strong send on both counts, thats a hard route! the thing to the left is an FA afaik, do you want to provide some naming and info for posterity?

Does anyone think these routes will be in this weekend? I would love a shot at Razorblades. and Cable

38F in leavenworth. Routes at Dog dome were still pretty dry. sunny routes were hurting a good bit more. Watch the temps and see what happens!

Went and did some laps after work on clockwork orange,, ice is fat and plastic, was about 34.. Everything seemed to be good..stays cold at nite i think it will be ok..

Was out on Thursday climbed a plastic H202 then drove over to check out Clockwork Orange only to find the second pitch had fallen off. I remembered reading something about Moses Coulee being in so we decided to go check it out. Climbed Sundance Kid the ice was pretty rotten neat setting.

DSCN19131.JPG

DSCN19181.JPG

Edited by Skatan