Long tents?

mhux

If you really want to stick to single wall, you might look at the Black Diamond Skylight. It weighs a tad under 5 pounds, 88 inches long, same material as the Firstlight (and wider). A couple long double walls to consider: MSR Fury at 94 inches, and my personal favorite the Hilleberg Jannu at 93 inches. The Jannu is pretty pricey, but very well made. Good luck!IMG_3920.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shared a Jannu with a partner on Pik Lenin (7134m) this year. The length was OK - I'm 6'7" - but the roof was low. I could barely sit up and had to scrunch pretty bad to get in and out. They're a good tent, but I doubt what the OP needs.

I have a Firstlight + vestibule but that's not really the answer, and it adds to the weight and bulk of the whole package. Eldorado? I used on on Denali years ago but they're not light, nor are they really long enough - just better than an I-tent. I've used a Bibler/BD Tempest a lot, which is long and strong, but too heavy to really climb with.

The EV2 are nice and long but expensive and many report bad condensation. The 'integrated vestibule' thing just means when you drag your pack in out of the storm you get all the snow in the main part of the tent too.

The MSR Fury looks good, except for the snow-collecting flat roof. And a low door, according to this:

http://www.testedoutdoors.com/blog/msr-fury-review/

Edited by Damo