Colfax Peak TR - Commuting to work?

Necronomicon

Mike and I headed up to Colfax Peak today, again, to try the Houston route, again. The great part about this route is that you cannot see if it's in until you hike from the trailhead to approximately 7000'. The route is not in. Again. Surpirsed? We turned around, again, and went home, again. I am home now. (At least I've got the trail DAILED!!! Next time: RED POINT.)

On a more serious note, where the fuck was everybody? Beautiful weather and everything, and we didn't run into a single person who even smelled like a climber, let alone shared our ambition. What gives?

So the climb wasn't in, so what, you should be out trying to get it anyways. Sod.

On a lighter note, an interesting question came up while we stewed at our high point: Do you think Jesus ever got a erection? I, for one, would like to know.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we were up there on Friday. No climber as well. Just bouldering around on the seracs. Not a good year for them. How was the glacer/snow conditions at high camp? Anyone interested in a day climb on Baker via the moustache or the coleman headwall. All my main partners work on weekdays. E-mail and let me know.

Yeah, it was fun. Wait till spring for this one. We'll make the third time a charm. The polish route looks fun, maybe we'll give that a go if it's in.

As for the area, Everything is "in" but I'd camp below whatever you're doing to pick your way across the glacier. The Coleman/Deming is fine, the snow is hard (enough) right at the glacier. Toes will hurt coming down.