Had Your Flu Shots Yet?

Kimmo

GMO! Lol. Science is scarey isnt it? Do you have any idea how much genetic modification humans have done on even our organic food? For thousands of years!

Uneducated people seem to think Monsanto is the only type of GMO science being done, and so they think it's ALL bad. The really dumb ones think it's "poisonous." right, buckaroo?

It's cute how libtards chew each other apart when there are no conservatards around anymore.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that they put that in the header, I'm only interested in reading media that supports my personal views.

i suppose i don't really expect an answer, but i should try:

am i right in assuming you have concluded that all vaccinations are harmless, and simply could not cause or contribute to autism-type disorders, or any other neurological disorders?

I'm glad that they put that in the header, I'm only interested in reading media that supports my personal views.

i suppose i don't really expect an answer, but i should try:

am i right in assuming you have concluded that all vaccinations are harmless, and simply could not cause or contribute to autism-type disorders, or any other neurological disorders?

Probably no medications are "harmless," but I believe vaccinations in general are a good idea, and yes, I find it highly unlikely at this point that vaccinations play a significant role in autism.

Probably no medications are "harmless," but I believe vaccinations in general are a good idea, and yes, I find it highly unlikely at this point that vaccinations play a significant role in autism.

hey, we're not that far apart.

you're not a zealot after all!

P.S. Did someone force your to drink aspartame? What percentage of diabetes is self-inflicted? Gettagrip.

Why was aspartame rammed through the FDA without the standard protocols?

Where did I argue anyone was forced? The argument is that known toxins are being marketed and sold as food.

Why did diabetes suddenly increase?

Why did autism suddenly increase?

It's no big secret that a lot of uneducated Americans and even some educated ones can't sort fact from fiction and wouldn't know a 'system' if it bit them on the ass.

It's no big secret that ad-hominem is a fall-back position.

So why did autism suddenly increase?

If it's not thimerosal then what is playing this significant role in the increase in autism?

GMO! Lol. Science is scarey isnt it? Do you have any idea how much genetic modification humans have done on even our organic food? For thousands of years!

So the splicing of a branch is the same as chemical/genetic manipulation? How do you add a pesticide by splicing a branch? When in the past 1000 years did we work on growing plants that didn't produce seeds and then sue farmers when this satanic garbage cross pollinated onto their fields?

Uneducated people seem to think Monsanto is the only type of GMO science being done, and so they think it's ALL bad. The really dumb ones think it's "poisonous." right, buckaroo?

So an ingrown pesticide is not poisonous? Or does it magically leave the plant after it kills the bug and before it's consumed at the dinner table? Or is it just small enough of a dose it kills bugs but not humans? Are you sure it's not cumulative?

Yes Rob, some science is scary.

4723541292_e0aa767f89.jpg

I find it highly unlikely at this point that vaccinations play a significant role in autism.

What makes you think that? And what do you think caused the sudden increase in autism?

If thimerosal contains mercury and mercury is cumulative, IOW it's not normally expelled from the body, then what dosage level is safe?

If it's not thimerosal then what is playing this significant role in the increase in autism?

Good point, that proves it. You're smarter than I thought. Great job!

if you were smarter than i thought, you might say "i don't know, but it could be."

which is kinda what the top scientists and docs said when they met for a conference a while back.

the CDC convened a powwow amongst 50 of the who's who to discuss the plausibility of thimerosol being causative with asd, and guess what? "more study needed."

excerpts:

dr. verstraeten: you are asking for plausibility?

dr. brent: well, yes.

dr. verstraeten: when i saw this, and i went back through the literature, i was actually stunned by what i saw because i thought it is plausible.

here's another:

dr. clover: "maybe that's an impossible question to answer, your first question, because no one around here is going to say that mercury per say(sic) is not a concern."

one more:

dr. johnson:

then here comes an opinion, well it is all opinion, but it expresses a flavor. But i think it relates to what dr. bernier is trying to derive here. this association leads me to favor a recommendation that infants up to two years old not be immunized with thimerosal containing vaccines if suitable alternative preparations are available."

"forgive this personal comment, but i got called out at 8 o'clock for an emergency call, and my daughter-in-law delivered a son by c-section. our first male in the line of the next generation, and i do not want that grandson to get a thimerosal containing vaccine until we know better what is going on."

yes, i actually read the entire transcript. lots of different opinions expressed, lots of interesting info about actual data, analysis of data, omission of data (key data, imo), exposure levels, possible cumulative effects, possible differences in effects based on age of development, etc. etc.

link

possible cumulative effects,

Mercury IS cumulative, as are most heavy metals. It can only be purged in a couple very specific ways.

So then you have to guess how much you've been exposed to?

Ever hear the expression "mad as a hatter"? In the 19th century hats being very popular, hat vending was a big profession. Hatters used a solution that contained mercury to shape hats. They went mad from the mercury, hence the expression since it was so common.

A similar thing happened in the dental profession. Before they realized the danger of amalgams dentists would handle the mercury fillings without protection. One of my aunts was a dentist during this time. She ended up in a mental home and died 20 years younger than her other 6 siblings.

possible cumulative effects,

One of my aunts was a dentist during this time. She ended up in a mental home and died 20 years younger than her other 6 siblings.[..]

...BECAUSE she was a dentist. ALL dentists of that era ended up in insane asylums BECAUSE of mercury.

RIGHT, I said "all" somewhere in there, I just can't find it and don't remember it.

So why did they enact across the board changes in the protocols of handling amalgam filling material?

amazing how this thread is still going...now talk about mercury?

Vaccines CAUSE AUTISM.

Since Kimmo loves quoting articles:

From the Oxford Journal of Health Research Education

The effect of falsely balanced reporting of the autism-vaccine controversy on vaccine safety perceptions and behavioral intentions.

Abstract

Controversy surrounding an autism-vaccine link has elicited considerable news media attention. Despite being widely discredited, research suggests that journalists report this controversy by presenting claims both for and against a link in a relatively 'balanced' fashion. To investigate how this reporting style influences judgments of vaccine risk, we randomly assigned 320 undergraduate participants to read a news article presenting either claims both for/against an autism-vaccine link, link claims only, no-link claims only or non-health-related information. Participants who read the balanced article were less certain that vaccines are safe, more likely to believe experts were less certain that vaccines are safe and less likely to have their future children vaccinated. Results suggest that balancing conflicting views of the autism-vaccine controversy may lead readers to erroneously infer the state of expert knowledge regarding vaccine safety and negatively impact vaccine intentions.

The combined measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines and the total number of vaccines are not associated with development of autism spectrum disorder: the first case-control study in Asia.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and general vaccinations, including measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, in Japanese subjects, a population with high genetic homogeneity.

PATIENTS AND METHODS:

A case-control study was performed. Cases (n=189) were diagnosed with ASD, while controls (n=224) were volunteers from general schools, matched by sex and birth year to cases. Vaccination history and prenatal, perinatal, and neonatal factors from the Maternal and Child Health handbook, which was part of each subject's file, were examined. To determine the relationship between potential risk factors and ASD, crude odds ratios (ORs) and 95% confidence intervals (95% CIs) were calculated, and the differences in mean values of the quantitative variables between cases and controls were analyzed using an unpaired t-test. Moreover, MMR vaccination and the effect of the number of vaccine injections were investigated using a conditional multiple regression model.

RESULTS:

For MMR vaccination, the OR was 1.04 (95% CI, 0.65-1.68), and no significant differences were found for the other vaccines. For all of the prenatal, perinatal and neonatal factors, there were no significant differences between cases and controls. Furthermore, regarding the presence of ASD, MMR vaccination and the number of vaccine injections had ORs of 1.10 (95% CI, 0.64-1.90) and 1.10 (95% CI, 0.95-1.26), respectively, in the conditional multiple regression model; no significant differences were found.

CONCLUSIONS:

In this study, there were not any convincing evidences that MMR vaccination and increasing the number of vaccine injections were associated with an increased risk of ASD in a genetically homogeneous population. Therefore, these findings indicate that there is no basis for avoiding vaccination out of concern for ASD.

I think you mean methylmercury?

So how long does it stay and what damage does it do before excretion?

no, i think it's ethyl mercury in vaccines.

but, you realize it was virtually eliminated in most vaccines, right? except flu vaccines, which contain what, 25 micrograms i believe.

seems kinda hard to zero in on mercury in vaccines as the culprit in the autism rise specifically, when it was removed a decade ago from most vaccines.