J Tree sun break

Jim

"Climbers may find the ratings at Joshua Tree harder or easier than what they are used to" -- Randy Vogel

Thanks Randy! I met up with Doug in J Tree for a week to catch up and get on the warm rock. We both had not been cragging for a bit so we warmed up on easy ones and lapped some cracks. Doug is smooth on cracks, I'm working on my technique. It was a fun trip and the weather was great. We explored a number of areas I had never seen, so that was fun.

Doug examined his life a while a go and made some major changes, which included now being on the road for 8 months of the year exploring the southwest, camping, hiking and climbing. He and Kathy have quite the system - satellite internet access so they both can work and quite a number of organization systems. Pretty good for being in your 60s and just going for what you want in life.

Some of my favorite routes - Sail Away, No Calculators Allowed, Ball Bearing, Ravens Reach, New Toy. A few photos below.

The_Camp.JPG

Bong.JPG

Doug on The Bong warm up

The_Flue.JPG The Flue

No_calculators_allowed.JPG No Calculators Allowed

Ravens_Reach.JPG Ravens Reach

After four days of climbing I felt I was getting the hang of cracks - and it became fun. My finger tips are still a bit raw though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic