Projects for 2003

eric8

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cavebum, if I ever meet you on the trail and you give me the stink eye, I'm grabbing the nearest stick and beating you senseless. I'm not going to wait around for your spray, or your Rambo tactics...no, I'm going on the offensive immediately and swiftly...I will dance like a butterfly and sting like a bee. So whatcha got to say about that shit Mr. Smartypants? evils3d.gif

My projects:

1. Finish all the stuff that kicked my ass last year (that's alot of stuff and never gonna happen)

2. Stay healthy/injury free

3. The Shield

4. Heaven and Hell (multi pitch trad climb in Tallulah Gorge, GA with 45 degree overhanging hand crack crux pitch and runout vertical face first pitch). Proudest line in the state.

5. Get some photos published

6. Rostrum, South by Southwest, Stoner's Highway, Butterballs, Red Zinger, Biercheff-Williams

7. The best of them all...Astroman

8. Get the hell out of the southeast (although the bouldering rocks)

RE: Well, all climbing accidents are the result of a stupid judgement call - the decision to go climbing, clearly a dangerous activity.

Ever gotten hurt climbing? Even had anyone help you out?

No not all accidents are a part of stupid judgement calls like soloing at your limit to get to the toprope that is too short, or being careless enough to accidentally trundle shit on other climbers, or putting in shitty anchors, or climbing during bad weather, etc.

Unfinished business on Denali (if I can quit working so hard).

Numerous routes in the Cascades.

Get back to the Yukon.

BTW: How about toneing it down a bit Ray? Threatening to beat people up or leave them to bleed to death makes you sound like a real asshole, which I know you're not.

Come on, man, these are all totally grey areas, as I'm sure you know. Trundling? Ok, not bright if there's any reason to think there are people below. What about dislodging a scary loose block? It has to be done, sometimes. Accedental rockfall? Who's the idiot, the one dropping the rocks, or the one climbing under someone where there's falling rocks?

Shitty anchors? Yah, I'm all for good anchors. Great. What about when there aren't any (and you can't/don't want to place a bolt)?

Soloing at your limit to get the toprope? Well, I guess all soloing is dumb. Presumably you realise you were soloing at your limit when you fall and die. I guess Derek Hersey found what his limit was. Stupid fucker, clearly deserved to be left to bleed and die.

Bad weather. Yeah, another obvious one. Don't climb during bad weather. Simple. Like, only climb in the gym - you won't get hurt that way.

Whatever, man. Don't help anyone if you don't feel like it, but don't pretend you're on some higher ground for it. Do you get to judge how stupid the accident was? Who then?

Iain, with the new format, as far as I can tell, you actually reply to individual posts, not the thread as a whole. So the post you reply to will show up on the bottom of the page. I just use the "quote" feature, and cut and paste within that.

Anyone that trundles big shit by being careless is a jackass that belongs in the gym. In the alpine there are other climbers on routes you want to climb always. To call someone an idiot for wanting to climb in the mountains that will inevitably have loose rocks on ledges and other parties etc is arrogant shocked.gif But to trudge lightly shows safety consciousness. Of course everyone trundles here and there by accident but 3 out of 4 times I see it - it's avoidable and the jackasses were careless.

Nobody is pretending to be on higher ground here but the truth is what it is. Beginners climbing to the setup mentioned in the other thread in SMith Rocks are purely stupid and do not necessarily deserve to be hurt but I think less of people doing so- Darwin Awards handed out.

Is helping people condoning these acts of careless and recklessness the way to promote safety hahaha.gif

Trundle # 1: Some jackass above me at Index

Tundle # 2: Some asshole next to me at L-worth

Trundle # 3: Some corn-holer in the Pickets

Tundle # 4: A complete accident on my part.

See 3/4 really are stupid mistakes.

Does this data sound familiar Caveman?

Hey, Captain Camaraderie I am a long hair/short hair hippy fuckwad. Why don't you kick my ass too? Since before time began, your comments have been irritating my inflamed hemmorhoidal tissue, I can barely walk! What a Brother of the Rope you must be! Tossing off threats to other climbers while wacking off your huge dick on top of the mountain! (or is it front of the computer these days?) Maybe we should climb together? No, we must! we must! Enjoy the mountains Good Tidings, maybe beat on some snivelling and puny fuckwads! Smile, smile, laugh, laugh, your a gas, I'm aghast. ass, Ass!

Until Then and Most Sincerely, Dave Leahy

Take three or four trips to Lillooet to climb 3's and easy 4's. Go exploring for ice elsewhere.

Alpine: Cool routes on Baker and Ranier, Stuart N. Ridge, E. Ridge Direct on Forbidden, something on Prusik, something in the EWS area, one or two of the winter routes on the pass.

Trad: a few routes in the mid - 10's, a couple of weekends at Squamish, Orbit.

Sport: a few routes in the 11+ range anywhere.

Bouldering: a V3 problem somewhere.

Giving Back: At least one day of trail work, one day of anchor/bolt restoration, and dealing with that one bolt on Black Fly (anyone know if the road to Static Point is still open/). Try to take advantage of GregW's handiwork and lead American Pie while I'm out there.

Make it to the rope-up and drink alot.

RE:Hey, Captain Camaraderie I am a long hair/short hair hippy fuckwad. Why don't you kick my ass too? Since before time began, your comments have been irritating my inflamed hemmorhoidal tissue, I can barely walk! What a Brother of the Rope you must be! Tossing off threats to other climbers while wacking off your huge dick on top of the mountain! (or is it front of the computer these days?) Maybe we should climb together? No, we must! we must! Enjoy the mountains Good Tidings, maybe beat on some snivelling and puny fuckwads! Smile, smile, laugh, laugh, your a gas, I'm aghast. ass, Ass!

Until Then and Most Sincerely, Dave Leahy

- Bring it on loser. I'd be happy to rid the earth of your filth. You have long and short hair ? does that mean you have a mullet cantfocus.gif

As for you berdinka it stands the same. Pussy!

Real ironic that you, cavey, call berdinka a "pussy". Both Leahy and Berdinka both use their real names in the posts yet you HIDE behind your "Cpt Caveman" shield of anonymity. IMO, you are the "pussy". Now go ahead and threaten me too. I wonder how long it will take for you to reply. grin.gif

genepires wrote: Real ironic that you, cavey, call berdinka a "pussy". Both Leahy and Berdinka both use their real names in the posts yet you HIDE behind your "Cpt Caveman" shield of anonymity. IMO, you are the "pussy". Now go ahead and threaten me too. I wonder how long it will take for you to reply.

Well mr helper I just state facts here. If people dont agree with them they run out and call me a jerk.

Most everyone knows who I am so there is nobody hiding behind anything. If you want some too just send me an email some time to rayborbon@hotmail.com and we can arrange for a meeting.

Now who's the pussy and idiot? Go on and run out there to guide some people or do something useful.