The Conservative Party

olyclimber

You can google the Rightiest, Tightiest blogger in the solar system and generalize their rants to support your pet thesis - after all, that's what the GOP does, but it's probably better to put more stock into what the RNC, GOP elected officials, and more long lived Righty rags and think tanks are saying. That's "all over the map" right now, but the consensus is the party's got a problem, and its a fundamental one.

There's a lot of confusion, but the growing portion of the GOP that's tired of wasting their donations only to get their asses handed to them for religious craziness and tea party ego trips they couldn't give two shits are having a say about things finally.

The GOP is certainly the party of self injected anal smoke, but the principle they hold most dear is a contempt for losers, and that would be themselves.

Look, there are still plenty of tea party morons who won't get the message...ever, but the longer the GOP lets those assholes window sit, the more fractured the party becomes, the less money they get, and the more elections they'll lose.

It's really wonderful to watch, actually. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fascists. I 502 was like flipping the bird to the Party of Punishment, and R 74 was like taking that bird and performing a very rough prostate exam.

Some people like football...

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the heart of the issue is whether or not the kind of trajectory we're on, the kind of governance we're seeing, and the current structure of power will change. Appealing to demographic shifts without addressing the qualitative aspect is simply another iteration of the Coke/Pepsi debate.

Jarritos, anyone?

choosing coke over pepsi doesn't result in the loss of 100's of thousands of lives, as did the choice of bush over gore.

down-playing the real, qualitative differences between the two parties we're stuck with right now is as idiotic as overlooking the structural sarcomas you speak of.

yes, it's a hell of a conundrum.

If a calcified tea party does dessicate the GOP to the point where it eventually blows away, thas coo wit me. Texas will be a swing state in 12 years.

Buh bye.

Various factions of the GOP leadership and their religious lamprey seem to be wrestling with what pretty new wrapping paper they're going to wrap the same old hardened turd of a platform in to attract the three or four Florida Cubans they haven't been able to reach yet. Compassionate bigotry?

Good luck with that.

and vast majority of births are in latino households.

:lmao: you crack me up

look at the statistics: (from 2010 census)

Hispanic population in the US- 50.5 million (http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf'>http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf)

Projected population in 2050: 132.8 million (http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/2010_census/cb11-cn146.html)

43% increase in hispanic population between 2000 and 2010. http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf

"The number of non-Hispanic white women of child-bearing age has dropped 6% since 2000, and they're not having having enough children to keep that population from dropping eventually. Fertility has declined among blacks, too, resulting in a 2.3% drop in black children during the same period.

A recent Census survey shows that white women are more likely to be childless than other groups and that black women are more likely to be childless than Hispanics." (from here

and vast majority of births are in latino households.

:lmao: you crack me up

look at the statistics: (from 2010 census)

Hispanic population in the US- 50.5 million (http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf'>http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf)

Projected population in 2050: 132.8 million (http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/2010_census/cb11-cn146.html)

43% increase in hispanic population between 2000 and 2010. http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-04.pdf

"The number of non-Hispanic white women of child-bearing age has dropped 6% since 2000, and they're not having having enough children to keep that population from dropping eventually. Fertility has declined among blacks, too, resulting in a 2.3% drop in black children during the same period.

A recent Census survey shows that white women are more likely to be childless than other groups and that black women are more likely to be childless than Hispanics." (from here

"vast majority"

:lmao:

The current GOP base's population is dwindling by 2% every 4 years. That's the end result of all the demographic stats from a political standpoint. That's why this was a watershed election. The GOP will continue to lose by increasingly wider margins without a substantive change in platform. Outreach, money, or other window dressing isn't going to cut it anymore. The party of bullshit is going to have to return to the age of reason.

I'm not sure what their platform will be, considering that its pretty much 100% bullshit right now, but that's their problem to solve, or not.

At work the night shift with Morning Joe on a TV in the background, hearing the Republicans saying whose fault it is. That's right. Second verse, same as the first: Teh blame they cons give to George W. Bush!

(He say, one an one an one is three, one thing I can tell ya is you got to... blame me!)

Runner up: Teh lyin' money-grabbin' pollsters!

I honestly don't think Presidential elections are about policy; they're about who the population "likes" more. And old Mit was a big loser on that one.

Having spoken to thousands of voters over the years, I can tell you first hand that this lame attempt at denigrating the American electorate is dead wrong.

It was heartening on Halloween, when handing out candy, to hear several parties of adults having spirited (but otherwise friendly) political discourse on issues down on the sidewalk whilst waiting for their charges to beg and accumulate candy. It warmed my heart as much as seeing some of the little ones all dressed up.

It's really wonderful to watch, actually. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fascists. I 502 was like flipping the bird to the Party of Punishment, and R 74 was like taking that bird and performing a very rough prostate exam.

I had similar feelings last week.

Also seeing Karl Rove implode on Faux News was pretty cool. When he called the election math into question it all made sense. Why stop at climate science, evolution, and reproductive health when you could be the party that disputes the fundamental properties of mathematics and statistics?

With enough cash maybe Americans for Prosperity or some other group can convince enough of the electorate that 2+2 does not actually equal 4. But I guess that whole "throw money and bullshit at it" strategy didn't work so well this time around.

Right now, I'll go with 2+2=5 just for bus fare and a cup of strong coffee.

Just don't ask me to watch the news again until it brings back the days of dignity, you know, when scandals were about a cigar and an intern, rather than shirtless FBI agents and pantless generals. (Although I would settle for footage of Karl Rove's head exploding. Again.)

Also seeing Karl Rove implode on Faux News was pretty cool. When he called the election math into question it all made sense. Why stop at climate science, evolution, and reproductive health when you could be the party that disputes the fundamental properties of mathematics and statistics?

With enough cash maybe Americans for Prosperity or some other group can convince enough of the electorate that 2+2 does not actually equal 4. But I guess that whole "throw money and bullshit at it" strategy didn't work so well this time around.

I wonder what kind of accountants he or his organization hires. :laf:

"Get in here right now. You're obviously not using the ponzi theorem."

I thought the shots of each post-election camp was striking - Obama - folks of all colors and women. Romney - a bunch of white old guys. Same in the House elections: White Guys

There was a great segment on The Daily Show recently - an interview with Mike Huckabee. John Stewart said - let's watch this clip - and it was of Fox news on election day showing - 21 times during 8 hrs - a shot of a black poll monitor who was dressed in retro black panther gear. Oh the bemoaning of intimidation of voters etc - the usual racist slime. One guy outside a polling place in Philly just standing there - you would have thought the slaves escaped and were taking over the mansion.

Stewart asked Huckabee - how can the GOP get votes from a growing minority population that will eventually be the majority - while they still try to use such tactics to scare white people? Huckabee danced and danced.

Also seeing Karl Rove implode on Faux News was pretty cool. When he called the election math into question it all made sense.

i guess i'm missing something.

i watched that clip too, but it hardly seemed as earth-shattering as some are trying to make it out to be.

big deal, rove was wrong.

and again, the election was close. romney, the dude with his own planet somewhere with many wives and decaf coke,

ALMOST WON THE FRIGGIN ELECTION IN AMERICAN IN 2012.

(i think many conservatives are equally frustrated by this entrenched two party system, but dems and repubs like it that way)