The Conservative Party

olyclimber

I know this is going to end up as a circlejerk, but who doesn't love a great circlejerk?

So if the conservatives are really going to reorganize after losing the past two elections, then what are they going to reorganize as?

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/gop_civil_war_herman_cain_calls_for_3rd_party/

1. More conservative party (this has not worked out for them in the past).

2. More moderate, focusing on fiscal rather than socially conservatism.

3. What other direction can they move and still be called conservative?

Conservatives.png

The only types I see coming out of this are Type A (religious people who favor fiscal conservatism) or Type B (atheists who favor fiscal conservatism). Which type has more people today? (I think the answer is A).

So which is going to win and be the NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY??

Or does it really split into two, and the Type B folks are able to raid enough of the people who voted for Obama this time around to be relevant?

Ok, got that out of my system, let the jerking commence.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point is there seems to be at least two types:

1. Social conservative/very religious based

+ sees no problem with spending money they don't have on the "Crusades"

+ Needs ban abortion, even in the case of rape, etc.

+ Needs more laws in place in order to rule over the heathens

2. Libertarian/Fiscal Conservative

+ truly wants small government

+ truly believes in the principals of evolution, especially when they apply to economics

+ are perhaps atheist, or at least are not driven by religious dogma

They have banded together to this point, but will they split? I know a few posters in this board that clearly described by #2 above...heck they even make fun of the people in camp #1, but perhaps they like making fun of stupid liberals more.

So which is going to win and be the NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY?? Or does it really split into two

The latter: political cannibalism, factional tribal war, young eating the old, witch hunts, persecutions, inquisitions, radio lynch mobs, WMDs (Weapons of Media Destruction), internecine trench warfare, and in the end a party way more fractured and divided than the country as a whole. Expect their media apparatus to turn inward on itself and get downright ugly.

That, or you believe they're all going to change their stripes, methods, and machine overnight in a family-friendly, Disney-kumbaya, compromise-hugging scenario.

If the latter I have a bridge over I-5 to sell you.

well its already happening to a certain degree...there are those like Cain that think the problem was that they didn't stay right enough.

the other contingent just thinks they were working off stale demographics and need to adapt. of course this sort of rationality is not going to sit well with those that think inflexibility is a strength rather than a weakness.

the question is, does that second contingent have a prayer*?

*or "hope" for you heathens.

So which is going to win and be the NEW REPUBLICAN PARTY?? Or does it really split into two

The latter: political cannibalism, factional tribal war, young eating the old, witch hunts, persecutions, inquisitions, radio lynch mobs, WMDs (Weapons of Media Destruction), internecine trench warfare, and in the end a party way more fractured and divided than the country as a whole. Expect their media apparatus to turn inward on itself and get downright ugly.

That, or you believe they're all going to change their stripes, methods, and machine overnight in a family-friendly, Disney-kumbaya, compromise-hugging scenario.

If the latter I have a bridge over I-5 to sell you.

Oly called for jerk-offs, and one appeared.

And so it begins...

"We wanted someone who would fight for us. What we got was a weak, moderate candidate, hand-picked by the Beltway elites and country club establishment wing of the Republican Party," Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, said in a press conference at the National Press Club in Washington.

Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center, argued that Romney failed to pass the ideological test, saying he ran as a "Democrat-light" and adjusted his positions to campaign as a moderate during the general election.

"At the end of the day, conservatives were left out in the cold. It should have been a landslide for Romney, had he embraced a truly conservative agenda," Bozell said. "But Romney's a moderate and his campaign embarked on a bizarre...defense from the outset."

Yep, gonna be a boat load of compromisin' going on - not. It's going to be a real Bambi vs. Godzilla before it's over. I'd personally be thinking more Wes Craven than Walt Disney if I were a republican. Man, can't wait for the 2016 republican primaries - gonna be a hoot and make the WWE look like a bunch of PeeWee Hermans.