*SOLD* Feathered Friends, -30F, near perfect

jmden

Feathered Friends (made in Seattle) -30F rated 850+ down fill power sleeping bag. $500 OBO. No visible defects/damage. This bag was custom made and was ordered 'overstuffed' with extra down so it has and maintains incredible loft. No expense was spared in this bag. It is made by the best sleeping bag manufacturer with the best materials/options possible. It has incredible 13" of loft (pictured). Approx. 10 years old. I am the original owner/orderer. 62" should girth, normal length, L-zip. Bag was ALWAYS stored hanging and uncompressed--I'm very careful with my gear. Rarely used as it was purchased for a potential Mt. McKinley (Denali) climb that never happened. Has a down removable 'neck collar' that makes it a -20F rated bag from -30F rated bag when it's removed (pictured). Shell material is of the waterproof/water resistent/breathable type Feathered Friends used at the time. The same bag now would be well over $1000. This bag has as much loft as the -60F rated Feathered Friends Snowy Owl, their warmest bag, due to this bags 'overstuffing'. I do not recall the model name at the time of purchase and there is no tag on the bag that indicates the model, unfortunately. Interior loops to secure vapor barrier--at least I think that's what the loops are for. This is a very warm winter/4-season/expedition bag perfect to keep you cozy in the coldest of conditions! Will ship to CONUS if USPS Money Order/PayPal and buyer pays for insurance. Otherwise cash only. Color black. 4 lbs. 2 oz. Sold with Granite Gear compression stuffsack. Goto for pix: Craigslist Seattle

Edited by jmden

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the limited edition Brookwood PTFE fabric. VERY rare. That's an old Eider, you can tell by the trapezoidal baffle construction and removable collar. The standard version of that era's Eider was rated to -25, but that was without custom mods. FF switched the pattern to the current Eider about 7 years ago. Based on the rarity of the fabric I'd estimate an age of at least 12 years. Sure looks like it's in nice shape.

Thanks for the input, Fromage. I can't remember being told the particulars on the fabric. Maybe it was an Eider, but I'm not sure but you are probably right--sounds like you know more about it than I do. It sure is an amazing bag. You crawl in this thing and it feels like you could weather just about anything. I really do think it is in as good a shape as it was when I purchased it. Very carefully taken care of and stored.

Edited by jmden