Early season ice in SW BC?

Michal

I'm still relatively new to the area--although I moved here last season, for various reasons, I spent the winter skiing rather than climbing. I want this winter to be different, with a much higher climb:ski ratio and I want to start fixing this early.

If the long-term forecast pans out (admittedly a big if) and we get a significant cool off at the end of the week, it seems that with all the warm wet weather up to now, there should be potential for some good early season ice to form. The question is, where? I'd be very grateful for any suggestions of areas in SW BC or the North Cascades (relatively close to Vancouver) that are known for good early season conditions and might be in around this weekend or early next week. My thoughts are potentially areas around Cache Creek, something on the Duffey...? but with my very limited knowledge of the local tendencies I'm just stabbing in the dark really.

Edited by Michal

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic