DMM Offsets

satori

Last weekend I had the pleasure of placing DMM offset stoppers. I have never touched an offset piece of pro before. I went home and ordered the #7-#9 pieces. Other than what I can read in a book, any comments, tips or suggestions when using these pieces of pro in free climbing application only?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why that is all you use. I should articulated my intent better: I was referring to the alloy series sizes rather than the super micro brass offset types (say 2-5 kN rating) used more frequently for aid (although I'm sure some use these pieces for free applications).

no different free vs aid - they love pin scars but generally are just as good, if not better, than standard nuts in all spots - expensive, but they're all i use now.

:tup: once I bought some I never went back. A full set of alloy's and the larger brass ones are permanent pieces on my rack now with the regular DMM walnuts filling in any gaps.

They are da bomb!

And the DMM walnuts are the 2nd best nut on the market next to the DMM alloy offsets :moondance:

#4-#6 are adequate 99% of the time. #2 and #3 can be handy on Zion aid routes. #0 and #1 are pretty much pointless.

I would recommend DMM Peanuts over DMM Brass Offsets particularly if you climb on granite more than desert sandstone. Very similar but better in every respect with the exception of a very specific type of pin scar.