BC ICE?

Rodchester

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod,

As of this weekend the conditions on the climbs near Icy BC were fairly good. The Deeping Wall was a little drippy but both Icy BC (minus the uppder tier) and the climbs located left of the Deeping Wall were seeing lead ascents. The temperatures never got above freezing in the canyons Sat or Sun.

We also had the chance to scout out most of the climbs in the Bridge River area. We only managed to get on one of the climbs in this area but everything there looked to be in good condition and the temps stayed below freezing all day Sunday as well. I haven't heard any recent reports regarding Synchronicity.

I hope this helps a little. Good Luck.

I've seenthe light green guidebook for bc ice...something like "Ice climbs in SW BC". But it seems like in this bb and in the bivuac.com bb there are climbs mentioned not inthe greenish guidebook. Anyone have any comments about this and/or sources of updated info? A new guide?

There's some new routes listed on bivouac.com. There are also new routes reported in the CAJ, most notable the 1996 edition, I think the routes on bivouac were also reported in the 1999 edition.

If you're going to the Lillooet Ice Festival then you'll get a new topo map with lots of routes marked on it. I imagine this will include a lot of the new lines Lyle etc have done.

Current beta on routes is: "no problem with the higher altitude climbs, but stuff in the valleys is non-existant. not sure what that means out the bridge; night n gale is ok, but that's high."

Colder temps seem to be on the way.

Bivouac hasn't been updated as the guy who runs it is on holiday.

Ade

• 2 weeks later...