Indoor training for Patagonia

TheNumberNine

Hey people,

I've been getting in the gym whenever I can after work these days... I'm currently on a 75 hour per week schedule and can sometimes sneak out of work early to train.

I'm working on a campaign and after nov 6th I'll be free to train allll the time!

I'm getting ready for Patagonia and thus far I have been dry tooling in the back teaching room with taped up tools, mostly laps up and down a 20 foot wall and traversing around the room.

I have started climbing a bit indoors with my nepal evos and have been doing laps on the main walls with a 15 lb pack and my nepal evos on.

This is the best I can do for now but anyone have any input on how I can maximize my indoor training?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe find a super windy day during the winter and climb something at Washington Pass or the Pickets in a day or two and you might be okay to climb in the Torres. Nothing indoors will prepare you for the hell you might endure. When I look at Colin's tick list of winter climbs, it becomes apparent why he's capable of climbing down there. A good example would be Inspiration Peak winter ascent.

Choada, absolutely.

Jason, absolutely.

6 weeks until I hop on the plane... FEELING THE STOKE!!

Been trying to get outside as much as possible but it's been hard.. I'm working on a campaign and there's almost no free time. After Nov 6th I'll be heading to the Sierra to climb...

Edited by TheNumberNine

I was in El Chaltén last week and had one good day of weather out of 5. Fortunately there are tons of cliffs around town in case you decide it was a dumb idea to try to climb anything in the massif without proper training or enough time to wait out the bad weather. Looks like great sport climbing and possibly some long trad leads too.