Get out the vote

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counted 624 coup this time around (voters who missed at least one election in the past 4, including new voters) - 3 volunteers, 3 precincts. Each volunteer spent about 5 hours canvassing.

Mail in only voting should definitely increase voter participation this time around. Most folks contacted had already voted or had their ballots filled out already. Most people are happy to tell you they've voted, even who for (we weren't asking). There were far fewer Unfriendlies this time around - mail in is so much easier, particularly for the elderly, people with work conflicts, and people with disabilities, and overall everyone seemed less stressed out about the whole process. People seem to really like being able to just get it over with.

Canvassing was much more thorough this time in Seattle, far fewer precincts went unloved this time.

Your WA ballot must be postmarked by Tue. Alternatively, you can drop your ballot off at one of a handful of drop boxes - the new Ballard library on 57th St for Seattle NW region. If you're a registered WA voter and you didn't receive a ballot, you can file a provisional ballot at these drop locations.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

My prediction is it is an electoral tie. House selects the president, Romney, and the Senate selects the VP, Biden.

I am so tired of political ads it is soothing to look for the smallest knothole to peek at something interesting.

uh...what 3rd party is going to take away an elector or two such that mittens or the tiger woods guy doesn't get a majority? please don't say ron paul :)

dudes, we'll know tonight how its going to shake out:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/americas-newsroom/index.html#/v/1948281797001/karl-rove-plays-out-electoral-college-scenarios

Rove has been noodling over the numbers says that he thinks the Republicans are going to take Ohio despite what other polls are saying. You can tell he wants to outright say that they will win, but barely holds back. He doesn't want us to get onto the fact that he has rigged the election there. Amirite Kev?

Also, he was going to a get a BJ in the hall after the spot by the talking head apparently.

My prediction is it is an electoral tie. House selects the president, Romney, and the Senate selects the VP, Biden.

I am so tired of political ads it is soothing to look for the smallest knothole to peek at something interesting.

uh...what 3rd party is going to take away an elector or two such that mittens or the tiger woods guy doesn't get a majority? please don't say ron paul :)

I actually haven't seen a single campaign ad (other than stills) this year, except for the 10 sec pro 1240 spots on Foxnews.

If Maine's one loose electoral vote goes to Romney, there could be a tie. Kenyan takes CO n OH, Romney gets ebbyting else swing-wise, plus the tasty bite from ME.

Edited by tvashtarkatena