• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

Welcome Back

<cross post from climbers wall>

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everybody and welcome back to good ol cc.com

The upgrade went rather smoothly, but I wanted to point out a few new things, and some ways to give some feedback on the new design/fucntionality/bugs.

What's New

This new version of our bbs system is run off a mysql/php backend which means no more .cgi 700 internal server errors, and we hope it will speed up performance a bit.

On top of that, some of the new features are:

• Preview Post
  • File Attachments
  • Enhanced Who's Online
  • New MY HOME page instead of Profile
  • Faster Search
  • Forum Subscriptions
  • Thread Favorites/Bookmarks
  • User Controlled Skins (colors,fonts)

nice marketing fluff eh?

Old Content

All of the old user accounts/content/pm's have been transfered over to the site. There were a few bugs, please see the Bug reporting section for more info.

More Information

Click here for a document about the new board software features and how to use them. In the upcoming weeks, I hope to add in a better integrated photo gallery, and a few other features.

Bugs and other Oddities

Please read this thread for common issues/resolutions with the new software, and reply to that thread with any new bugs.

Well, I'll still be tweaking the rest of the weekend, but thought I'd turn this back on so y'all could spray.

-tim