Montana Men

billbob

The Pumpkin Man struck again last weekend at the University of Montana...

Every year some idiot climbs to the top of the University of Montana admin bldg and places a pumpkin on the spike. This year a Portland native was the "helper & belayer" and was chosen to be the Pumpkin Man for next year. He said yesterday he was "scared shitless" they would get caught, not so worried about falling.

The video attached is from last year. By tradition the climber is changed every year but last weekend the new guy didn't show. It was left to last years' climber (see video) and and the new belayer to carry on.

My son had nothing to do with this and you can't prove it.

Pumpkin Man

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I went to Missoula in 1974 I and a friend were on the way to the World's Fair in Spokane. We stopped off in Missoula dressed to kill and found many women in jeans and t-shirts that didn't care. We drank 7 pitchers of beer in the effort and there was a police incident.

Montana Men can represent. But it is a big state and go Bobcats. I spent 7 years at MSU.

Edited by matt_warfield

As a 2nd generation UM alumni, I do vaguely remember the pumpkin thing from my time there in the 90's. More importantly, though, Montana is a cool fucking place and I miss it. Missoula and Bozeman both have a lot to offer (never figured out the point of that college rivalry bullshit), but one of my favorite Norman McClean lines comes to mind:

... God Is Love. We always assumed that these three words were spoken directly to the four of us in our family and had no reference to the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana.

I know it is thread drift again, but rivalries have existed forever. There is no logical reason for why Cats hate the Griz, Mets hate the Yankees, Washington hates Washington State, and etc. It is the joy and pain of sports.

Sports minded people like to root for somebody. For me in the Big Sky it is MSU #1 and UM #2 as long as they can their football players's peckers are under control.

Edited by matt_warfield

There is no logical reason for why .... Mets hate the Yankees

Gotta call this bullshit out, there are plenty of logical reasons to hate the yankees :)

I hated them then became a fan when I lived in PA and EVERY GAME was on TV which is riveting. Then their payroll went into outer space and they acquired A-Rod. I am not on their side right now.

Sorry for thread drift, but billbob, I am absolutely serious that Universities everywhere are changing their guidelines. Blame Penn State, University of Montana, and Florida A@M for starters. It is not a good time to be a prankster, climber or not.

Edited by matt_warfield

As a 2nd generation UM alumni,

Just in jest I will remind you that alumni is plural while alumnus is singular. I learned that at MSU.

But better than being a 10th generation sheep fucker like most of you MSU alumni.

We are proud of being at more than ten generations on sheep. UM is only on their first generation of two legged victims. We'll let ESPN decide the victor on Sportscenter.

Edited by matt_warfield