What to climb in late October??

reynoldswrap

Hi all - wanted to get suggestions on decent alpine routes for this time of year when it's a bit wet and cold for rock climbing yet not enough snow/ ice for alpine.

I was thinking of the W. Ridge of N. Twin? Or something like that; i.e., not super technical but could be interesting in shitty conditions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And if you'd like to join, even better.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would think that is a good option. I plan on trying that route this winter. I have seen trip reports of winter climbs on that route and was amazed at how much snow free terrain on the ridge there can be.

Ruth might be good and it is fairly accessible. Not the most exciting but good views of Shuksan. Glacier routes are probably at their worst this time of year, but I have never noticed much in the way of crevasses with that one. If I had my way I'd probably just go cragging and get back into the alpine in another month or so.

As of last week, full-on avalanche awareness and assessment is probably crucial for being safe in the mountains now.