Official Bug Thread for new board

gapertimmy

OK, so the board migration went fairly well. I know of a few things that didn't come over at all, namely private messages sent to or from scot'teryx didn't get imported because the ' in his user name [censored] up my pm import script, damned cougars.

Anyhow, a few tips that might fix some problems:

Logging In Issues

if you had a public and a private username on the last board, eg I was privately registered as tim but my public name is gapertimmy, try logging in with your old public name, and your old private name if you are having issues getting on.

Old ubb code

The old bb code still works here, but old image tags

[image ] [/ image] won't show up properly, but will work on future posts. Sorry about that, but its just one of those things!

Posting Issues/Firewalls

There is some built in features to the board to prevent spam bots from posting batches of messages. Trask and I discovered this was preventing users with personal firewall software from posting new threads. This has since been fixed.

I'll add on more common mishaps as they become present.

If you can't post a bug on this thread cuz you can't log in, please email me at ... and be patient for my reply.

Thanks.

Tim

fruit.gif

Edited by gapertimmy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another note, you have to LOGIN to post or reply to messages. the board has new cookies, so your old auto login won't work. though when you login the first time, you can set your cookie to REMEMBER ME, so you don't have to do it everytime.

for those of you that have multiple avatars, these cookies can become a hassle on this new software. but i guess thats a good thing.

It appears that the "Today's topics" and "Last 48 hours" pages display each

message individually, rather than showing each topic just once. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Anyway, if that is the case, I'd like to complain. I find that interface unusable for somebody who wants

to catch up on recent TOPICS, not individual MESSAGES. I don't want to scan through pages and pages

of messages to find interesting topics.

• 3 weeks later...