Poison Ivy?

John Frieh

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHHH ORGANIC CHEMISTRY. I skip out on studying for my test to peruse CC and end up reading about fukkin benzene rings!

Neat application, is there a compound that'll bind to receptors in my brain and light up my comprehension of the difference between SN1, SN2, E1, and E2 reactions when exposed to ultraviolet light?

poison oak. more evidence that god has a fucked up sense of humor.

i've never felt that technu's done much to minimize the outbreaks - seems pretty much, once it's starts to appear, you have no choice but to look like a zombie for a week or two...

Thanks for the link John, cool stuff.

AHHHH ORGANIC CHEMISTRY. I skip out on studying for my test to peruse CC and end up reading about fukkin benzene rings!

Neat application, is there a compound that'll bind to receptors in my brain and light up my comprehension of the difference between SN1, SN2, E1, and E2 reactions when exposed to ultraviolet light?

2196-3.jpg

None of the Tecnu products have done anything for me. I get poison oak/ivy/sumac BAD. Four "treatments" are viable, in my experience.

1) Steroids from the doc.

2) Tea tree oil

3) Combination of excruciatingly hot showers and baking soda

4) Sandpaper and alcohol

I choose in that order.

I washed my clothes and bedding with TecNu because the rash was spreading long after the initial exposure, and I believe I was re-exposing myself to the oil through some contaminated belongings. After I did this the spreading stopped.

All the haters are right - I suppose it is hard to distinguish correlation from causation, without more scientific evidence. Personally I'd rather drop $14 than visit the doctor for steroids or bathe in bleach. And it's made in Oregon, so that's a plus.

Thanks for the link John, cool stuff.

2196-3.jpg

Yes, beer, bourbon, meth, crack, dope laced with fentanyl, crack, heroin, shrooms, LSD, PCP can all alter your brain. None have helped climbers perform better, except for rare examples like Warren Harding who unfortunately is dead but lived a rich life.