Backpacks and stuff stolen from trunk at Squamish

Alpinfox

Howdy,

If anyone comes across any backpacks or stuff around the Apron parking lot at Squamish, let me know. I had three packs stolen out of the trunk of my car while climbing [Mad] and I'm hoping that the thieves might have discarded the stuff they weren't interested in like:

Purple North Face daypack

Yellow North Face daypack

Large Lowe Alpine backpacking pack (Countor IV?)

I don't expect to get the climbing gear back or anything, but maybe some of the stuff that had sentimental value to my girlfriend (bead necklace, clothes, etc.) will have been discarded in the bushes or something.

Anyway. Beware of thieves if you go up to Squamish!

[Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazingly, someone actually found our packs and turned them in to the Squamish police! A very polite "constable" (god I love those wacky Canadians) called me and said, get this, "We'll mail your stuff to you... no charge"!!!

It's all rainsoaked, and I'm sure some shit is missing out of the packs, but it's great to know we'll get a lot of the stuff like clothes and the packs themselves back.

Moral of the story:

Don't leave anything of value in your car at a trailhead. If your car gets broken into, file a police report. Canadians are great.

I LOVE CANADIANS!

Well this is turning into quite a monologue... monothread.... monofilament... but I thought someone might learn something from all of this. Maybe even me!

• 3 weeks later...