Calling route free on-sight?

glassgowkiss

WTF? OS is OS, which on multi pitch route means ground up, no prior attempts, no falls to the top. I don't know how climbing a route in second attempt can be called OS?! The point is that if you climb half way up, and you re-climb the pitches, you'll have knowledge of the terrain, hence you'll be fresher.

Here is a link I am referring to:

Greenland

"It rained hard and they were forced to make a terrifying retreat, trashing static ropes and making a difficult series of abseils in cold and miserable conditions.

Previous trips to this region had enjoyed stable weather, but this year it was unusually unpredictable. The three later walked to one of the high points on the island, where they got a mobile phone signal and were able to contact Upernavik for a weather forecast.

The report was not promising, but they decided to make another attempt, this time travelling light.

Above their high point lay a loose pitch of E3, after which the climbing improved with great rock and protection on the headwall (E2).

The route was completed in a 12-hour push and named Drowning in a Sea of Light (800m, 20 pitches; E5 6b C1). Apart from the 30m aid section on the fourth pitch, the entire line was climbed free and on-sight, with no bolts or pegs placed"

Sorry, let's end bullshit and hype in route reporting. Probably a great route and valiant effort, but this type of reporting is not honest.

Edited by glassgowkiss

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is, say a three pitch route and you onsight P1, come back later and onsight P2, come back again and onsight P3, then you have onsighted all the pitches.

Yes, but not a 3 pitch route, which is exactly my point. If they said, they OS all the pitches, not the route, then it would be a correct statement. Calling a route OS is bullshit.

If there is, say a three pitch route and you onsight P1, come back later and onsight P2, come back again and onsight P3, then you have onsighted all the pitches.

Yes, but not a 3 pitch route, which is exactly my point. If they said, they OS all the pitches, not the route, then it would be a correct statement. Calling a route OS is bullshit.

That's what they are saying. You are just a dump Polack. Try reading this in English. They climbed all the pitches onsight, and except for one 30m pitch aid pitch, all free. Pretty obvious. If you had less sand in your vagina and got laid more often you wouldn't be so worried about this.

That's what they are saying. You are just a dump Polack. Try reading this in English. They climbed all the pitches onsight, and except for one 30m pitch aid pitch, all free. Pretty obvious. If you had less sand in your vagina and got laid more often you wouldn't be so worried about this.

OMG I just shot coffee out of my nose and onto my keyboard. Thx G-spotter

Yeah in canadiastan, maybe. No, what they are saying is that they climbed entire route on-sight, not all the pitches OS. On a 20 pitch route is a massive difference. Well, most likely you never climbed 20 pitch, technical route. What is so hard to understand, if you are so bright? Stick to sheep fucking.

OK, let me re-phrase it for you:

It's aboot style, eh? Like if you giv'er on each pitch, but you bail, no on-sight for you, eh?

Now do you understand this, eh? I translated it into canadian, eh?

OK, let me re-phrase it for you:

It's aboot style, eh? Like if you giv'er on each pitch, but you bail, no on-sight for you, eh?

Now do you understand this, eh? I translated it into canadian, eh?

I don't understand your accent. Must be throat callus you get from pleasuring russian men.

I don't understand your accent. Must be throat callus you get from pleasuring russian men.

I think you developed hearing and cognitive problems after you started turning yourself into a salt lick. Did you catch any purdy one? Let me ask you this- after you catch a sheep do you kill it or do you shag it? I have heard you kill it..... first. Safe sex in Chillwack- you don't get all scratched up.

I think you developed hearing and cognitive problems after you started turning yourself into a salt lick. Did you catch any purdy one? Let me ask you this- after you catch a sheep do you kill it or do you shag it? I have heard you kill it..... first. Safe sex in Chillwack- you don't get all scratched up.

Polish Bob's Home for legless gerbils...

Polish Bob's Home for legless gerbils...

The officer:

"Mr Sprayshaw, what is this bong doing here?"

Mr. Sprayshaw:

"but officer, this is not a bong, it's my gerbil canon".....

:lmao:

Canada 1, Poland 0.

BTW, it's not the climbers making any claims, it's the media outlet who put together that website.

:lmao:

Canadia 1, Boland 0.

BTW, it's not the climbers making any claims, it's the media outlet who put together that website.