[TR] M&M Wall - The SUPERCAVE (Ellen Pea) 9/24/2012

Sol

Trip: M&M Wall - The SUPERCAVE (Ellen Pea)

Date: 9/24/2012

Trip Report:

Jon Pobst, Blake Herrington and I had a wonderful day out climbing the SUPERCAVE route. This is a phenomenal line and should be on the hit list for WA Pass enthusiasts. It is an ideal early and late season wall with lots of sun, weather protection, a short approach, and anchors to bail on at most any point.

Full write up on my blog.

Gear Notes:

Single purple tcu. Dbl from green alien sized to #2 single #3, single set of nuts. Slings and a few draws. Dbl 70 m ropes to rap.

Approach Notes:

Running water at the chockstone. Fixed hand line to the climbers right of the chockstone (recommended over the bolted rap on the way down).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Found a little write up on mountainproject about the direct start: LINK

It seems a little strange that they spent so many bolts on a slabby direct start when you could just go for a new line on the face. But, it seems likely that it was bolted on rappel..

Psyched to get on the direct start next June and link it into the unclimbed direct finish. Those with some October free time should go give this beauty a whirl..

Sol-

The slabby direct was actually a ground up effort, and I believe was intended as a way to get up to the ledge using fun overlaps and slabs rather than messing around in the gully. The upper area is clearly where it's at!! Beautiful place-

MH

Erik and I happily used your rap anchors on the way back down to the highway last night. Thank you.

We also placed rap anchors above and below the black striped flake, hanging SUPPLE AND POUTING, at the top of the wall. Unable to reasonably link L&P to our fall line, we rapped straight down to a smaller cave, then down another 200'....

We cleaned 200' of SPLITTER finger locks, accessible from 50' left of the beast. 2 pitches of finger sized bliss. Both pitches climbable and rappable with 1 60m cord. COME AND GET IT BITCHES!

We cleaned and equipped it but didn't climb it, because we wanted YOU to get it first.