Romney tape

glassgowkiss

what's more important, what you think before you meet a dude, or after you've met the dude?

the mind creates patterns, even where patterns don't exist, so in that sense being prejudiced is natural

consciously re-evaluating the patterns your mind's made does seem to be an important part of being a decent human being though

that said, all experience hath shown, you should never buy hippie drugs from black people :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it like this and I touched on it earlier in this thread: If you live in an area that has a large population of whoever/whatever and they cause the majority of problems in that area, you are going to be prejeduced against them. That isn't being racist or prejeduced that is just how it is.

Well prejudice usually goes hand in hand with closed mindedness. You can blame the mexicans for coming here trying to make a better life for themselves, but they wouldn't come if farmers didn't give them jobs without a valid greencard. The problem is employers.

It's no different then Indians coming to Redmond and Seattle to work (legally). You can jump up and down and say "they are stealing our jobs!", you can jump up and down at Amazon "you are giving our jobs away!". In reality our kids would rather play DS something and dream of being the next red bull guy then get smart, have some fucking foresight, and invest in themselves. So we are giving those jobs away.

You can blame "the blacks", and opening this up to all races really in any poor region, what kind of expectations do you have of people that are offered a shit education where the parents aren't educated so they can help, shit jobs after their education if there is even a job. Do these people really see a future for themselves?

Mr. Romney is for lower corporations taxes, and lowering the taxes of the beneficiaries of those companies (Bush tax cuts on dividends). In doing so, he says that will decrease unemployment. Well guess what? Corporations, especially public ones exist to make money for their shareholders, not create job. They employ as few people as they can to make money. If Amazon could run on 10 employees they would.

The problem in this country is two fold. Our tax system is slanted towards helping corporations and the "1%" get richer, and at the same time is prohibiting the middle class entrepreneur of getting into the 5% (I call 5% Romney middle class, those making close to $250k) because not only of a large tax burden for operating a small business, but as I've stated before large risk.

The biggest risk is health coverage. How many people over thirty with a family and mortgage are going to go out on their own knowing that if things don't go hell they will not be able to provide health coverage? If we had universal health coverage in this country you will see a huge increase in the number of people going into business for themselves and increasing innovation.

You see the 5%'ers on the right stomping up and down and they should be they are paying an unfair amount of taxes compared to large corporations. Their corporate taxes aren't 18% they are closer to 35%. It's like this enormous speed bump for most middle class people, and any corporation you go up against whether it is a restaurant or a widget has a huge, huge advantage. But you never see this as part of the discussion with Republicans, the only thing you hear come out of their mouths is talking about tax holidays for large corporations and such. They don't give a shit about middle class business owners.

I see it like this and I touched on it earlier in this thread: If you live in an area that has a large population of whoever/whatever and they cause the majority of problems in that area, you are going to be prejeduced against them. That isn't being racist or prejeduced that is just how it is.

Well prejudice usually goes hand in hand with closed mindedness. You can blame the mexicans for coming here trying to make a better life for themselves, but they wouldn't come if farmers didn't give them jobs without a valid greencard. The problem is employers.

It's no different then Indians coming to Redmond and Seattle to work (legally). You can jump up and down and say "they are stealing our jobs!", you can jump up and down at Amazon "you are giving our jobs away!". In reality our kids would rather play DS something and dream of being the next red bull guy then get smart, have some fucking foresight, and invest in themselves. So we are giving those jobs away.

You can blame "the blacks", and opening this up to all races really in any poor region, what kind of expectations do you have of people that are offered a shit education where the parents aren't educated so they can help, shit jobs after their education if there is even a job. Do these people really see a future for themselves?

Mr. Romney is for lower corporations taxes, and lowering the taxes of the beneficiaries of those companies (Bush tax cuts on dividends). In doing so, he says that will decrease unemployment. Well guess what? Corporations, especially public ones exist to make money for their shareholders, not create job. They employ as few people as they can to make money. If Amazon could run on 10 employees they would.

The problem in this country is two fold. Our tax system is slanted towards helping corporations and the "1%" get richer, and at the same time is prohibiting the middle class entrepreneur of getting into the 5% (I call 5% Romney middle class, those making close to $250k) because not only of a large tax burden for operating a small business, but as I've stated before large risk.

The biggest risk is health coverage. How many people over thirty with a family and mortgage are going to go out on their own knowing that if things don't go hell they will not be able to provide health coverage? If we had universal health coverage in this country you will see a huge increase in the number of people going into business for themselves and increasing innovation.

You see the 5%'ers on the right stomping up and down and they should be they are paying an unfair amount of taxes compared to large corporations. Their corporate taxes aren't 18% they are closer to 35%. It's like this enormous speed bump for most middle class people, and any corporation you go up against whether it is a restaurant or a widget has a huge, huge advantage. But you never see this as part of the discussion with Republicans, the only thing you hear come out of their mouths is talking about tax holidays for large corporations and such. They don't give a shit about middle class business owners.

I don't mean to be prejudiced or anything, but you know that you are talking to a dog? A YELLOW dog!

Hey now! With the right combination of beatings and cussing even a yellow dog can be tought things!

I grew up on and around dairies in Central Cal, trust me when I say that you will find no harder working people than the Mexican migrant workers. They do work that 99% of Americans are just to damned lazy to do. I'm not mad at them for working, I'm more mad at the lazy fucks on welfare that abuse the system and refuse to work. It just sucks that they don't pay into the tax system and cost us untold amounts of money by clogging up ER's. The 2nd and 3rd gen Mexicans on the other hand, and I speak of the majority I have personally been around, are the ones running around with the Nortenos and causing problems. But I did go to school in Modesto and that place is a shit hole so YMMV.

And when it comes to being born into a situation, yes I do take that into account. I don't see that as an excuse for people though. People make their own decisions. The great thing about being in the Military is that I have met, worked with and trusted my life to people of every walk of life in this country. I have had guys that were so effed up and stupid but have been handed everything to them to be succesfull but just can't get right. I have also worked with guys who were so squared away but for everything they had to deal with growing up they should have been in prison or dead. I made the decisions I made and I have to live with them, and I am cool with that.