Romney tape

glassgowkiss

I've a slightly different view of it - that if you or any other uninsured person gets hit by the Metro bus or has a major illness - it's the hospital, the insurance companies via cost shifting, and ultimately me the tax-payer who is footing the bill.

what people don't realize that a simple appendicitis will cost you about 20K, if you don't have any complications. One day on post-op floor is between 6-8K, while ICU will run you at least 30K per day.

One reason, cost of education. even an RN will leave you with 30-40K debt.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jim I do have health coverage now. Being uninsured is not the problem. Its going to be a substantial increase in premiums for me.

Re educational cost as a factor....many people in many fields acquire 30k+ in debt. That's a cop out from a system that is overhead heavy and run inefficienty.

jim I do have health coverage now. Being uninsured is not the problem. Its going to be a substantial increase in premiums for me.

Re educational cost as a factor....many people in many fields acquire 30k+ in debt. That's a cop out from a system that is overhead heavy and run inefficienty.

inefficient is the health of general population, with 2/3 being overweight and 40% obese. How many fields require 30-40K debt for a 2 year degree? Usually PA will cost in access of 80K and MD in access of 200K.

Premiums will increase, regardless of the reform or not. It's because people choose to get fat. If you want to complain about cost increase- walk up to any fat fuck and tell them they are costing you money.

It's because people choose to get fat.

you make it seem simple

obviously there's a buncha fat fucks out there, and a buncha different stories

poor folk are of course more like to be fat

to be fat then is to commit the capital crime of being poor

i'm not poor, but i sure have taught plenty of poor folk

hard to get your ass to the gym when you can't afford a gym and you're working most every hour you can get at a shit minimum wage job

hard to give a shit what you look like when you're depressed to core at the shitty world you surrounded by

sure, a lot of those folks make shit decisions to wind up w/ the shit job/life, but being born comes w/ plenty of inertia - by the time you're a sentient being you've often made so many shit decisions you don't have much room to move

pretty easy to subsist on shitty food when you're budget doesn't accommodate shopping at whole foods

pretty easy to smoke n' drink n' stuff microwave burritos in your face when you're whole life's a lie...

sure, choice

or the illusion of choice

universal healthcare in somalia must be way cheaper!

Ivan, I make it simple, because in most cases it is simple. At this day and age you'll have to be one ignorant fuck not to know some basic food facts. And you don't need a gym to control your weight. A lot of people who work shit jobs burn a lot of calories just by working. I see a lot more fat choads in any office settings, then on a construction site.

Now walk into any hospital and look at the staff- most of them are overweight, some obese. A lot of them have medical degree and make $25-30 bucks an hour.

Yes, obesity is a complex issue, like the crap that is added to the food (GH, antibiotics, BPA), but most folks don't do squat about it, don't even attempt. They just come up with another excuse. Too busy, too poor, too rich, too something. I simply don't buy it. Even look at the airports what people will buy as far as food choices go.

If people truly cared about their health and weight, they would be up in arms and they would be forcing changes needed. But school lunches pretty much look the same in reach and poor school districts.

The truth is that people DON"T FUCKING CARE about their health. So the cost goes up.

inefficient is the health of general population, with 2/3 being overweight and 40% obese.

And Obamacare fixes that how?

Premiums will increase, regardless of the reform or not. It's because people choose to get fat. If you want to complain about cost increase- walk up to any fat fuck and tell them they are costing you money.

You first. Start somewhere with a lot of fat fucks, like the deep South. We'll eagerly await hearing how that goes for you.

I do not want either one of these DBs to represent the country.

I think both of them will fail to represent 47% of the country. What a farce. Just b/c it was caught on tape for Romney doesn't mean that Obama doesn't give a rats ass about a sizable portion of our population. I certainly don't feel represented by him. So much of what he's done policy wise will have a negative impact on me so why do I think he's any different? Romney just got busted.

Thankfully, I know that my state will vote for Romney in large numbers and our 4 electoral votes don't amount to a hill of beans so I can vote for a 3rd party candidate w/o concern. Also w/o hope but at least I can vote for someone else.

Minxiepoo? I think Idaho is rubbing off on you...

I

The truth is that people DON"T FUCKING CARE about their health.

Falstaff said (of himself) in Henry IV:

"If sack and sugar be a fault,

God help the wicked! if to be old and merry be a

sin, then many an old host that I know is damned: if

to be fat be to be hated, then Pharaoh's lean kine

are to be loved. No, my good lord; banish Peto,

banish Bardolph, banish Poins: but for sweet Jack

Falstaff, kind Jack Falstaff, true Jack Falstaff,

valiant Jack Falstaff, and therefore more valiant,

being, as he is, old Jack Falstaff, banish not him

thy Harry's company, banish not him thy Harry's

company: banish plump Jack, and banish all the world."

how you can hate that rogue or rogues?

I do not want either one of these DBs to represent the country.

I think both of them will fail to represent 47% of the country. What a farce. Just b/c it was caught on tape for Romney doesn't mean that Obama doesn't give a rats ass about a sizable portion of our population. I certainly don't feel represented by him. So much of what he's done policy wise will have a negative impact on me so why do I think he's any different? Romney just got busted.

Thankfully, I know that my state will vote for Romney in large numbers and our 4 electoral votes don't amount to a hill of beans so I can vote for a 3rd party candidate w/o concern. Also w/o hope but at least I can vote for someone else.

Minxiepoo? I think Idaho is rubbing off on you...

Bad things happen in Southern Idaho. A move to the panhandle can cure all ills. Yeah Neo-Nazis tried to move in, but they didn't last ;)

how do you know what the increase will be? Have you seen some documentation from someone reliable and not just someone's opinion? Fox news, conservative radio and blogs don't count for unbiased information.

If cost of education was the driving force for the cost of health care, then it would be seen as a increase in wages. So do nurses have a double digit increase in wages yearly? Cost of education is not the driving force for the increase in health care costs.

As I understand it, the huge driver is the huge amount of procedures (expensive) we have available to keep people near death alive. No cost is to high to save someone. (as it should be) as baby boomers get to this point, this is where the real costs pile up.

As I understand it, the huge driver is the huge amount of procedures (expensive) we have available to keep people near death alive. No cost is to high to save someone. (as it should be) as baby boomers get to this point, this is where the real costs pile up.

This is it in a nutshell. We could make up a lot of the costs by just moving end-of-life care out of the hospital to hospice.

This is it in a nutshell. We could make up a lot of the costs by just moving end-of-life care out of the hospital to hospice.

Yes, bring on the Death Panels!!

Yes, bring on the Death Panels!!

jesus, who does't like soylent green?!?

now in ranch, bbq and jewish flavors! :)

triage is part of life...

inefficient is the health of general population, with 2/3 being overweight and 40% obese.

And Obamacare fixes that how?

You first. Start somewhere with a lot of fat fucks, like the deep South. We'll eagerly await hearing how that goes for you.

Universal care coverage will not fix it at all, but the point is that blaming premium cost increase has nothing to do with healthcare reform, but everything to do with epidemic of fat fucks in this country.

The most racist and close minded Romney fans I know are all from the ID panhandle. They're all great people though, as long as you don't bring up politics/black people in their presence.

pedophiles are also great people I have heard, as long as they don't play with your kids. wtf? a racist is an ignorant fuckwad, not some great person, period.

The most racist and close minded Romney fans I know are all from the ID panhandle. They're all great people though, as long as you don't bring up politics/black people in their presence.

pedophiles are also great people I have heard, as long as they don't play with your kids. wtf? a racist is an ignorant fuckwad, not some great person, period.

people are complicated, and i hate racists, but i must recognize that my grandfather, who was a warm, friendly, generous, ww2 veteran, etc. kinda guy was also thoroughly prejudiced against blacks, hispanics, etc. was he the greatest man ever? of course not. was he a fuckwad that shoulda been turned into soylent green? nope too...

I see it like this and I touched on it earlier in this thread: If you live in an area that has a large population of whoever/whatever and they cause the majority of problems in that area, you are going to be prejeduced against them.

That isn't being ... prejeduced that is just how it is.

One of these is not like the other.

:lmao: