Winter Climbing Partners

PrincessWookie

If any of you are interested in a low key, happy, fun (but challenging) cragging trip down in J this winter Jan and/or Feb, PM me! Let's get some folks together and start some plans!

I'm planning on renting a van down there too.

I'm just starting to lead so if you're OK with doing most leading it may be fun for all.

In the meantime, if you're in Leavenworth this October send me a PM to climb DURING THE WEEK ONLY (no weekends).

No psychopaths and no booty calls. Booty calls--especially from guys with SO's and children--are grounds for, "I think you are an ignorant pig no matter HOW good a climber you are." Thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off all year long. So I'll stay down there for 2 weeks (~12 days) at a time this winter. We can overlap too. So I can get down there for 2 weeks leave, then come back in 2 weeks. If that makes sense...

I have trad gear (BD plus 2 new ropes--one for top rope and one for lead Edelweiss and Mammut). I even have a BD cam number 4!!

If Red Rocks works, that's an option, too.

:)

r u hawt

Good question (This really is not spray mods)

No, Ben, I'm not at all. *woof* I am, however, very positive, stable, no drama, very fit and SAFE but am a beginner climber who wants to CLIMB A LOT this winter and looking for other climbers who climb better than I and who have the time off.

I have all my own gear.

PrincessWookie, I'm a mom who works part-time and am looking for other women to hike/scramble with through the winter here in the PNW. Prefer weekdays over weekends (weekends are family time). I'm currently making my way through the Home Court 100. I realize this isn't exactly what you posted about, but I've had such a hard time finding other women to hike/climb with - particularly for mid-week outings - that I thought it'd be worth asking if you're interested. I'm not a psychopath, not a booty caller, don't care what you look like. PM me if you're interested!

I also have mid week days off looking to get down to jtree/red rocks throughout the gray sky season (with the option to fly down to meet up a bunch) I am very motivated to climb a lot, and i have trad gear and lead moderate routes. Sounds like we could get some serious climbing in. I also struggle finding fellow female climbers mid-week. We should chit-chat....

PrincessWookie, I'm a mom who works part-time and am looking for other women to hike/scramble with through the winter here in the PNW. Prefer weekdays over weekends (weekends are family time). I'm currently making my way through the Home Court 100. I realize this isn't exactly what you posted about, but I've had such a hard time finding other women to hike/climb with - particularly for mid-week outings - that I thought it'd be worth asking if you're interested. I'm not a psychopath, not a booty caller, don't care what you look like. PM me if you're interested!
You crack me up! :) Gonna send ya PM! Thanks JDK.

I'm a mid week climber, lead trad. I would probably be interested in some Leavenworth in October and a trip south in the winter. Most likely not for two weeks, but a week is easy.

Cool Ragner. :cool:

Right on...I have 3 weeks off in October, so we should hook up

Yeh I couldn't climb for weeks on end right now. I'm still breaking in my fingers and developing my "climber calluses." I climbed for 4 days up in Squamish and my fingers were getting raw and bleeding that I really had to stop. I LOVE IT THOUGH! RAWR!

If anyone is up at Burgers and Fries in Squamish and see blood on the routes.....it's mine. Sorry.

I might be looking for partners for a Red Rocks outing Oct. 16-19 (still fine tuning the dates) so feel free to give me a shout if you plan to be in the neighborhood around then (I'm doing my own thing with travel and accommodation.) I'm pretty familiar with the place and hoping to hit some moderate multipitches (5.8 - .10b) with safe, positive, experienced partners who'd like to swing leads.

• 3 weeks later...