RIP 9/11

kevbone

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, the people of afganistan should have in no way been held responsible for the cock-suckers they, as a nation, provided aid and comfort to? i'll grant you the taliban were hardly elected, but nonetheless, they were the government at the time, and that government knew what them saudi-boys were all about.

iraq, on the other hand...

so, the people of afganistan should have in no way been held responsible for the cock-suckers they, as a nation, provided aid and comfort to? i'll grant you the taliban were hardly elected, but nonetheless, they were the government at the time, and that government knew what them saudi-boys were all about.

iraq, on the other hand...

:tup:

RIP the 2976 American people who lost their lives on 9/11 and RIP the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit and the tens of thousands of Palestinians who experience this everyday.

You should go visit Iraq or Afghanistan, Kevbone.

I'm sure Chuck with go with you bone.

RIP the 2976 American people who lost their lives on 9/11 and RIP the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit and the tens of thousands of Palestinians who experience this everyday.

You should go visit Iraq or Afghanistan, Kevbone.

Why?

so, the people of afganistan should have in no way been held responsible for the cock-suckers they, as a nation, provided aid and comfort to?

This has nothing to do with 9/11. They are different conversations.

Yeah, harboring Osama Bin Laden and half of Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11. STFU, boner.

Kevbone thinks Bin Laden and Al Qaeda were framed, so yeah. :/

i should admit too, that by my logic, it's hard not to see a future iraqi terrorist-action as being something like the malcom x proverbial "chickens coming home to roost" - societies as a whole take the brunt of the blowback their often dipshit leaders provoke :( - it ain't right, but then i doubt most of the folks in hiroshima had any say on the pearl harbor plan...

Edited by ivan

Perhaps on this day of remembrance we should sit around the campfire and sing Kumbaya, or better yet, We are the World. :rolleyes:

i'm settling for pizza, burgundy, and early into the sack w/ another glass and a half-decent book to precipitate a sudden and exquisite descent into total slumber :)

so, the people of afganistan should have in no way been held responsible for the cock-suckers they, as a nation, provided aid and comfort to?

This has nothing to do with 9/11. They are different conversations.

Yeah, harboring Osama Bin Laden and half of Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11. STF

U, boner.

How could they harbor him if he died in 2001? Dont believe everything you see

i should admit too, that by my logic, it's hard not to see a future iraqi terrorist-action as being something like the malcom x proverbial "chickens coming home to roost" - societies as a whole take the brunt of the blowback their often dipshit leaders provoke :( - it ain't right, but then i doubt most of the folks in hiroshima had any say on the pearl harbor plan...

Interesting analogy, Vanya. But probably not as you considered it. Why is it that we were able to bomb the fuck out of Japan and suffered zero blowback? Not one Japanese terrorist attack against us in 67 years? Not really much hatred for us either from Japan. And consider Vietnam. By some calculations 2 million Vietnamese died during our involvement there - both combatants and civilians. Where are the Vietnamese Al Qaeda groups plotting death for Satan America. Crickets. Blowback seems to be function not just of what we do.... but factor in certain, shall we say LUNATIC tendencies of the recipient peoples.

Interesting analogy, Vanya. But probably not as you considered it. Why is it that we were able to bomb the fuck out of Japan and suffered zero blowback? Not one Japanese terrorist attack against us in 67 years? Not really much hatred for us either from Japan. And consider Vietnam. By some calculations 2 million Vietnamese died during our involvement there - both combatants and civilians. Where are the Vietnamese Al Qaeda groups plotting death for Satan America. Crickets. Blowback seems to be function not just of what we do.... but factor in certain, shall we say LUNATIC tendencies of the recipient peoples.

culture is what it is, i guess - might have something to do w/ the fact that east asian cultures are relatively top-down driven, and once you assert your culture as dominant, the masses snap-to? middle eastern cultures have seen far more in the way of flavor-of-the-day empires drifting back and forth, breeding a sharper sense of defiance and less willingness to accept outside control?

at any rate, begging your pardon, it's hard not to notice that those east asian cultures also were fine w/ suicide bombers, complete indifference to basic human rights, etc...

culture is what it is, i guess - might have something to do w/ the fact that east asian cultures are relatively top-down driven, and once you assert your culture as dominant, the masses snap-to? middle eastern cultures have seen far more in the way of flavor-of-the-day empires drifting back and forth, breeding a sharper sense of defiance and less willingness to accept outside control?

at any rate, begging your pardon, it's hard not to notice that those east asian cultures also were fine w/ suicide bombers, complete indifference to basic human rights, etc...

This, I beleive has more to do with quality of life, youth unemployment, lack of infrastructure, education ect more than it has to do with culture. These fuckers have nothing to do but sit around militant assholes and get mad.

Imagine a few million jobless religious zealots with very little education and the critical thinking skills of Kev all thrown in a shithole that reaches 130 degrees on the reg. Top it off with them being geographically isolated from anyone and everything. They do not have the roads to get to the next village 20 miles away let alone know what is going on in the rest of the World as far as human rights goes (or anything else for that matter).

This, I beleive has more to do with quality of life, youth unemployment, lack of infrastructure, education ect more than it has to do with culture. These fuckers have nothing to do but sit around militant assholes and get mad.

Imagine a few million jobless religious zealots with very little education and the critical thinking skills of Kev all thrown in a shithole that reaches 130 degrees on the reg. Top it off with them being geographically isolated from anyone and everything. They do not have the roads to get to the next village 20 miles away let alone know what is going on in the rest of the World as far as human rights goes (or anything else for that matter).

sure, that sounds like an even better explanation (that and they seem to have a very hard time getting laid w/o pissing off allah?)

A surprisingly large amount of climbers think that 9/11 was not as bill (attack by 17 Arabs with boxcutters). They discuss World Trade Center Tower #7 here.

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.php?topic_id=1667999&tn=0&mr=0

given the wackiness of the sport, it's hardly suprising the base level of crazy amongst climbers is higher than amongst meat-popsicles in general :)

Surge!