Looking for Tacoma partner(s) & Leavenworth soon?

ssimonson09

Hi all!

So I just moved to the Tacoma area a few months ago and now that I'm getting settled in I need to find some new climbing partners!

When it comes to climbing outside, I prefer trad, especially multipitch routes, and was last leading up to around 5.7/5.8 on gear in Colorado before I moved here. I can follow up to around 5.10. I also don't mind sport climbing and can lead around 5.9 and follow around 5.10.

I've currently got a membership at the vertical club in downtown and climb there 2-3 times per week in the afternoons. I'm also thinking about getting a punch card for edgeworks to climb on rope sooner or later.

Anyway looking to meet some more local climbers in the area!

Also, looking for a partner for this weekend, I'd like to get out to Leavenworth as I've heard there's a lot of good stuff out that way. I don't mind driving, or can help with gas if someone else drives.

-Steve

Edited by ssimonson09

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, I didn't have any routes picked out yet, I was going to pickup the new Leavenworth guidebook, but it seems it's sold out everywhere in Tacoma, so I only have the Falcon guides "Rock Climbing: Washington" book. I need to dig a little deeper there. Do you have any suggestions?

Matt, I've mainly just done craging back in CO with 1 alpine rock route. However, you can almost consider a lot of the "cragging" in Estes Park, CO where I did a lot of climbing to be alpine due to the approach and length/commitment factor of some routes. I'd like to get more into alpine rock climbing as that opens quite a few doors, but I don't have any experience with snow or ice travel or climbing. That is something I'd like to learn more about though.

I'd be down to climb this weekend, but Saturday would work better for me as there's a bike race here Sunday I'd like to do, but if Sunday is the only day that'd work I can skip the race. Also, I will be out of contact from noon tomorrow to 9am Thursday. Matt or Dave, let me know if either of you would be down to climb Saturday. If not, I can swing Sunday.

Well, I have already made plans for Shuksan via Fisher Chimneys for Sunday. Saturday I have a golf tourney. I am looking for someone to do the Torment/Forbidden traverse with next weekend tho.

BTW...nice to see another CO guy here. I just moved back here from Golden. Went to the School of Mines. Althouugh CO is fantastic, the Cascades are still home for me.

Edited by Matt Lemke

HELLO!!!

:wave:

PM ME when you're in Leavenworth! I have lots of nice gear and NEW Mammut and Edelweiss ropes! Also just got some BD cams we can use....

I'm just starting to lead 5.7. I'm a very safe, aware, attentive belayer, too. I can set up anchors, too.

I'm available all through Oct 10 - 28 (I'm heading to Alaska for 2 weeks tomorrow AM)

if you don't mind climbing with an Old Fart, I've lived in and climbed around Leavenworth for thirty-two years. not much of a "sport" climber, but always willing to repeat the classics. I drive a school bus, so I have time on weekdays between 0830 and 1430, plus weekends and the usual academic calendar breaks...

-Haireball