Large enough Pack

kingfrankiv

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

85liter = 5000 cubic inches. (in case peoples don't know)

I got a MEC pack that seems to work very well for not much money. If you are having limited expedition use, maybe a cheaper pack that gets by will work out. Can't imagine doing the big pack thing on a regular basis. (ex-guide)

I think the bigger issue than what worked for mr A and mr B is what pack fits your geometry. What works for me may not work for you.

Ok. Yeah I just need a multipurpose pack. I am the gear hauler on my wife and two kids backpacking trip so I definetly will be using a larger pack. I have two trips lined up right now that require a larger pack. Both the Kautz glacier climb and Aconcagua. Just didn't know what people were using. Currently I have a 75 mission Black diamond and it always seems packed to the max.

Ok. Yeah I just need a multipurpose pack. I am the gear hauler on my wife and two kids backpacking trip so I definetly will be using a larger pack. I have two trips lined up right now that require a larger pack. Both the Kautz glacier climb and Aconcagua. Just didn't know what people were using. Currently I have a 75 mission Black diamond and it always seems packed to the max.

For the Kautz I used a 60liter pack, and it was more than enough. Depending on time of year and what you are bringing of course (we did it late season and needed quite a few ice screws). If you bring the 75, try to make sure it is not full....

• 4 months later...

I realize this so late in coming, but I just found this post. I covered a 100 mile section of the PCT last July. I had 75 lbs crammed into a Kelty Coyote 80. Great pack, I just brought too much crap with me. I didn't plan on a resupply, so I packed all the food and anticipated clothing for roughly 9 days. I did it in 6, brought home 10 lbs of food (started with 28 lbs), and the pack held up perfectly. Kelty has been around forever, it's worth checking into. They are wallet impared friendly as well. Mine was $175 on sale at REI. Happy Trails.