Snow Creek trailhead fun

cfire

A warning to all. It's great to run laps on Snow Creek Wall for a day, then get back to your rig and it's been broken in to and a bunch of your shit is gone. That shit included my cooler of beer and my flip-flops! It's a cold bastard that steals a guys flip-flops and beer. :noway:

Lot's of other, more expensive stuff taken as well.

This was Thursday morning. When we got to the trailhead there was a car with windows broken out and their stuff ransacked. Got back that evening and the same had happened to my camper. The stench of cigarette smoke and tweeker BO inside made it that much more special. Sheriff said pretty unusual for it to happen in broad daylight. He said he'd be visiting the lot more as there seems to be a rash, but I doubt it will be enough to deter the POS.

Watch your stuff. There seems to be an entrepreneur cleaning out cars. Anybody want to hang out with me on top of that rock across the road with a baseball bat and binoculars?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago I went to the Snow Creek TH to go climbing and every single car had been broken into. Stuart TH as well is a target as it is more isolated. My car got broken into in broad daylight at Vantage, stereo stolen, I replaced it and had it stolen the same day it was installed at Exit 38. All trailheads and parking areas are vulnerable.

These things can happen in 5 minutes. Patrols are rarely going to catch it. The key is to have a crappy car with no stereo and nothing of value inside. And understand that it is a risk that comes with outdoor activity.

Edited by matt_warfield

A warning to all. It's great to run laps on Snow Creek Wall for a day, then get back to your rig and it's been broken in to and a bunch of your shit is gone. That shit included my cooler of beer and my flip-flops! It's a cold bastard that steals a guys flip-flops and beer. :noway:

Lot's of other, more expensive stuff taken as well.

This was Thursday morning. When we got to the trailhead there was a car with windows broken out and their stuff ransacked. Got back that evening and the same had happened to my camper. The stench of cigarette smoke and tweeker BO inside made it that much more special. Sheriff said pretty unusual for it to happen in broad daylight. He said he'd be visiting the lot more as there seems to be a rash, but I doubt it will be enough to deter the POS.

Watch your stuff. There seems to be an entrepreneur cleaning out cars. Anybody want to hang out with me on top of that rock across the road with a baseball bat and binoculars?

Admit it Chris. You've started chain smoking in your rig!

The crappy part of the other breakin that Chris mentions is that it was a beater Toyota with obviously little to nothing of value amongst other vehicles with potentially more to steal.