Mckinley Approach

salbrecher

I'm considering Approaching from the George Parks highway From a "town" called Peters Creek west of Talkeetna and then ski up the Kahiltna. Anybody done it or know anyone who has done it. I wouldn't mind some route info. Anybody know anyone near Ancorage who I could pay to drive me up the 14 miles of plowed road and snowmobile gear and team the remainder 35 miles to Peters creek?

[ 10-05-2002, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: salbrecher ]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by salbrecher:

I'm considering Approaching from the George Parks highway From a "town" called Peters Creek west of Talkeetna and then ski up the Kahiltna. Anybody done it or know anyone who has done it. I wouldn't mind some route info. Anybody know anyone near Ancorage who I could pay to drive me up the 14 miles of plowed road and snowmobile gear and team the remainder 35 miles to Peters creek?

driving and snowmobiling... shame almost as bad as a helicopter approach

[Roll Eyes][laf]

quote:

We call those snowmobiles aid climbing. [Roll Eyes]

The only valid ascents are made from sea level [Razz][Wink][big Grin]

Yeah, what the hell is he thinking? Snowmobile- geeze. He shold actually fly to the southern tip of South America to make his trip valid. [Roll Eyes]

Actually, when I go rock climbing, I "aid" all the way to the parking lot of Seneca. Call me a sissy, walking 235 miles was cutting into to my climbing time. Also made for a later evening getting home, usually missed dinner [smile][Wink] .

When we were up there this year I met two of my home boyz from Germany. They hiked the whole way in with ALL their gear. They had been on the move for TWO months. I gave them the rest of our food when we left, these guys were nuts. They carried their skis overland and across the rivers.

I think I got their e-mail addresses, but they didn't speak English. They were from Dresden, Germany. I'll forward you the addresses when I find my note book.

[ 10-10-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: mr.radon ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

We call those snowmobiles aid climbing.
[Roll Eyes]

The only valid ascents are made from sea level
[Razz][Wink][big Grin]
Guess I had that coming eh [laf][Moon]

• 5 weeks later...