Buying jackets or bags from Feathered Friends anytime soon?

pete_a

A group of my friends and I are in the early stages of planning a trip to Denali next summer and are looking at placing a huge sleeping bag and jacket order with Feathered Friends. They offer a 10% discount for orders above $2000 and a 20% discount on orders above $5000 and I just thought I'd throw a message up here to see if theres another expedition in the works that might be interested in consolidating orders to get the 20% discount. Drop me an email at peter_alderson@hotmail.com

Thanks!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got my bag for Denali this year I selected some fabric colors that gave me a 15% discount (not pink or other fruity color). I got relativly dark colors inside and out, which is what I wanted to speed drying. So ask around, you might get bonus discount. Also, they sometimes have discounted gear for sale, and the bulitine board is know to have a lot of items people are dumping after a Denali expedition. I got a few thigs this way and they were quality.

Oh, refering to customer service at FF, they might not treat you like a baby, but they do know WTF they are talking about.

BTW: what route?

Thanks for the info. We're just going up the West Buttress...like just about everyone else...I figure my first trip to Alaska will be exciting enough without taking on something tougher than the West Butt. If we are lucky and have a successful trip, then I'll start wanting to look at something like the Muldrow glacier or West Rib, or a ski decent of Orient Express.

quote:

Originally posted by otherguy:

I wonder why they call it the Orient Express
[Roll Eyes]
Maybe it's because of all the Asians falling down it at a fast pace to their deaths. Hopefully your skis wont be as fast and deadly.

It's called Orient Express because on the FA, the leader dropped both his tools and his spare, and had to finish the route with his titanium chopsticks. 100% true.

FYI when my partner and I bought our bags for denali (Western Mountaineering) we got a 15% discount for buying them together. Got 'em at Oregon Mountain Community.

I've never been happier with a sleeping bag before except when my wife shared it with me.

'Course we weren't married at the time. . .

quote:

Originally posted by jhamaker:

FF is designing my bag! It will be a beautiful light-weight bag w/ no fill in the floor. Could come out to be less than 14oz!

Hound them about it so they will get it into production before next summer.

We are on the third edition. It will need about 10 more remakes before we put it into production. Definately before your special trip.

quote:

Originally posted by rbw1966:

Gore dryloft baby.

Did you know that laminates have been around for 20 years? You still use laminates for everything? Try Epic by Nextec. This is the newest technology for use in down products. It also works well for super light shells and down jackets.

Lighter

More breathable

More durable

Greater water saturation level

Loftier (stiffer fabrics loft less)

Better feel (more comfortable)

More colors available (important?)