[TR] Inspiration-McAllister Glaciers - D'ohrado Sphincter Towel Party 8/26/2012

KaskadskyjKozak

Epilogue:

A talented up-and-coming climber once commented on a gumby "some people were meant to be astronomers; others astronauts". With this latest in a string of too-many failures, it may be time to sell the rack and buy some coffee table books with pictures of mountains.

Nice Effort KKK, Keep in mind that Reggie Jackson had the most strikeouts of all time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, I did this route last thurs-fri. Great climbing. We started the route as per the red line here on KK's picture. After ascending the slabs we took a left-angling dihedral for an outstanding long 5.7 pitch to the ridge crest. If the slabs aren't dead easy, you're in the wrong place.

SWB_DN_Route_P1010774.jpg

The glacier travel was good fun. We had to cross several narrow snow bridges and do some face in climbing on steep slopes above gapers, but overall things seemed quite solid. I worried about falling. I never worried about a bridge collapsing.

Edited by Longshanks

FYI, I did this route last thurs-fri. Great climbing. We started the route as per the red line here on KK's picture. After ascending the slabs we took a left-angling dihedral for an outstanding long 5.7 pitch to the ridge crest. If the slabs aren't dead easy, you're in the wrong place.

SWB_DN_Route_P1010774.jpg

The glacier travel was good fun. We had to cross several narrow snow bridges and do some face in climbing on steep slopes above gapers, but overall things seemed quite solid. I worried about falling. I never worried about a bridge collapsing.

Thanks for the update Longshanks. My partner Dwayne actually mentioned that that dihedral looked like it could be a good go.