Thieves at Index Town Wall

teamer

My new Crocs were stolen from the ferns at the bottom of Great Northern Slab today. As I talked to other climbers about this offense, one reported his car was broken into Aug 18 and$500 dollars worth stuff taken (incl. dozens of irreplaceable CD's).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to put up some "you are under video surveillance" signs at that parking lot. That's what they have at the Denny Creek trailhead. Probably doesn't work as well at night but daylight is when everyone is there anyway.

I guess now when you climb GNS you carry your stuff to the top of the first pitch.

OR... from up on the climb, shoot the perps in the rear with a barbed cross-bow arrow connected to an 1/8 stainless steel cable reel. Then winch them up onto the cliff and tie em off. Leave them hanging there from a barbed arrow stuck in their as* and call the cops.

If the arrow starts to tear out of their as* flesh shoot them with another arrow in the other as* cheek. And then equalize the anchor so the weight is evenly distributed.

i lived in the NW for 9 years and got tons of shit stolen( including two racks) i've traveled all over the west coast leaving shit at the base of climbs, in my car, ropes fixed u name it. been in colorado for 12 years and never had anything stolen. can u really blame meth heads??? why are there so many thieves in the NW???

stolen shoes? never heard of that happening and really sucks. imagine if that happened miles from the car.

Is there a market for stolen crocs? how does one make money from shoes?

sorry to hear about the shoes man.

As much as that sucks, it seems more likely a good samaritan may have found them thinking they were left behind. Is there place they could have been turned in if they were found by someone? Who would steal crocs??? At least they didn't get Credance and yer rack. ;)