found on South Early Winters Spire, Th23aug12

gary_hehn

If you lost something on South Early Winters Spire this past week give me a description of it. You might want to do so via a message. If your description matches what I/we found I can work on getting it returned to you. I hope that, aside from misplacing what we found, you had a good outing.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

Sometimes I can't resist a dry fly drifting right by my mouth.

Climbing involves many risks, and for trad and alpine folks that can and will involve loss of gear. Somebody spent hundreds or thousands of dollars preparing and getting to their climb so the price of hardware is mininmal. It is called booty and you should treat it as such.

Edited by matt_warfield

If we are talking about a stuck camelot or a misplaced stopper, I agree that "lost gear" has been treated as "booty" for decades. If it was a cell phone or something, I would not feel the same way. If it was a personal journal or a wedding ring or a key chain, definitely not. The original post is not clear but it sounds to me as if you booty hounds may be assuming information here.

If it is a really expensive or a really personal item, I would hope that Mr. Fake or Mr. Warf would conduct themselves as Mr. Hehn has here.