New York climbing

rocketparrotlet

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for climbing partners in the Albany, NY area. Also looking for area-specific climbing forums to meet people. Despite going to college in the area for a year, I for some reason haven't yet gone climbing in the Gunks or Adirondacks. Any advice on good areas in the Dacks would also be helpful.

-Mark

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Upstate NY for the time being. As far as forums go, I regularly use mountain project and NEClimbs.com for partners. I am sure the Gunks reputation precedes it, but the Adirondacks has some pretty sweet climbs. Check out Keene Valley (just south of Lake Placid) and the High Peaks Region (most trails from the Adirondack Loj lead to some pretty cool climbs, but a long approach). Those are the only two areas in the daks i have explored so far. If you feel like ponying up a few $$ for a guidebook, get Adirondack Rock by Lawyer and Haas. ADIRONDACK ROCK I am leaving for Cali for a month, but if you are around late September or so hit me up. Hope you have fun!