Jefferson conditions?

brimart

Planning a trip up Jeff on Thursday trying to determine the best route. Anyone been up there lately?

This is my first post, so I apologize if this isn't the proper forum for conditions reports. Feel free to move it to the appropriate forum if necessary.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. We decided to go choss surfing on Diamond, Washington and Broken top instead. When I showed my brother this thread he just kind of rolled his eye at me and said "ummm, no thanks". Guess it'll have to wait until next year for me. I'd love to see some photos of it though if anyone's been up there?

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the SW ridge for the first time yesterday.

No snow anywhere on the route, including the death traverse. Partner tried for 30 minutes to make it across, pulling off or otherwise sending loose rocks tumbling down with every advance. He'd only made it about half way before deciding to turn back.

I'll return earlier in the year when there's some snow on that bad boy...wouldn't recommend it at this point in the season.

Jonathan

• 1 month later...

I agree. Too late in the year...... I tried to be clever and timed for the same late fall weekend aiming for less/no snow. Rookie move for my partner and I, Loose and crumby as well as getting a late start foiled our summit bid.

It was nice to meet you guys up there, I think we shared water with your group

Here's a pic of your lead guy on the traverse [img:center]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/walligs/Jeffersonhornsept292012.jpg[/img]