I'm going to Denali, Denali, Denali

Pencil_Pusher

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Park with a klootch????

Hey after Hape at 14, I parked with a klootch at 11 for two days. Took the diamox, peed like hell, then up to 14, the next day to 16 with a new partner, the next day to 17, and the next on the summit (about 30 summitted that day; nice, clear and low wind). June 28th around 7 or 8pm. Kicked my ass and we still had to descend.

The only crevasse problems were below Ski Hill where, at times, the place was like a minefield. THANK YOU to Mike from Alpine Ascents who had the foresight to use a damn GPS going down. We were pretty depressed at 9400 after getting there via guessing and someone else's wands in total frickin' whiteout from 11. Quite a few miles to go over terrain none of us had seen in three weeks and the forecast called for 6-12" new snow overnight. Then Mike and crew came along and we followed shortly thereafter. Heartbreak Hill sucked the big one.

Kudos to Tony Bagudonuts for keeping the humor via the forecast. Sorry for Mike who was a nice guy.

This is Roy from The "Boeing Sucks!" team. [Wazzup]

So what happened to the rest of your group. I think we met them when we flew back, they were trying to get a flight in. Older guy and gal, young kid with them. Looked like a husband and wife tema with their teenager. All worked for Boeing and laughed at our team name.

Congrates on the summit! Wish we could have seen something from up there.

That was funny, Mr. Radon and partner had "Boeing Sucks" written on all their gear. But I will say you two were hardcore ascending in crappy weather when everyone else was hunkered down in their tents. We met quite a few of those folks as they came down, after successfully spending many-a-night in crappy weather, but no summit.

What a cool trip it must have been going down rescue gully. We saw a couple of people on that line on our 13,5 cache day. Our trip to 14 brought us to one russkie putting in fixed line at windy corner. Just shy of the 14 camp, we saw a couple of the climbers on their ski-chairs descending and we all grunted to each other in pig-latin, each trying to understand the other's language. A thumb's up and a smile seemed to work best for the both of us.

That's also where I met a team of three descending, female at the lead. She whips out her funnel, starts fiddling with her crotch zippers and fabric...all the while engaging me in conversation at 15 feet or so...and begins her pee fest. Holy moly, that woman's been on the mountain a little tooooo long.

I left your book at our Ski Hill cache, it's somewhere in Talkeetna now.

The three others on my team weren't related, we're all just part of the Boealps. They summitted on the 24th while I was down at 11 killing time. They had about the same summit weather as you did, from what they tell me. Whiteout, following wands.

Quite different on our day. The rangers, pj's, and quite a few guided teams all headed out en-mass to the summit. Pig Hill sucked the big one too. Only because it was such a nice day did I decide to go for the true summit.

Drank some colt 45 or whatever the west rib calls that beer they have.

quote:

Originally posted by Pencil Pusher:

That was funny, Mr. Radon and partner had "Boeing Sucks" written on all their gear. But I will say you two were hardcore ascending in crappy weather when everyone else was hunkered down in their tents. We met quite a few of those folks as they came down, after successfully spending many-a-night in crappy weather, but no summit.

What a cool trip it must have been going down rescue gully. We saw a couple of people on that line on our 13,5 cache day. Our trip to 14 brought us to one russkie putting in fixed line at windy corner. Just shy of the 14 camp, we saw a couple of the climbers on their ski-chairs descending and we all grunted to each other in pig-latin, each trying to understand the other's language. A thumb's up and a smile seemed to work best for the both of us.

That's also where I met a team of three descending, female at the lead. She whips out her funnel, starts fiddling with her crotch zippers and fabric...all the while engaging me in conversation at 15 feet or so...and begins her pee fest. Holy moly, that woman's been on the mountain a little tooooo long.

I left your book at our Ski Hill cache, it's somewhere in Talkeetna now.

The three others on my team weren't related, we're all just part of the Boealps. They summitted on the 24th while I was down at 11 killing time. They had about the same summit weather as you did, from what they tell me. Whiteout, following wands.

Quite different on our day. The rangers, pj's, and quite a few guided teams all headed out en-mass to the summit. Pig Hill sucked the big one too. Only because it was such a nice day did I decide to go for the true summit.

Drank some colt 45 or whatever the west rib calls that beer they have.

maybe she wanted to give you a golden shower?? [laf]