Where to buy an ArcTeryx Nozone in Vancouver?

none_dup1

I don't know of any shop here that sells them. In all honesty, every Canadian I know who uses one prodealed it.

It might make sense to try to S/O one now and pick it up when you come to town.

Best of luck.

GB

P.S. Ask Dru. He worked there before embarking on his 6 digit career with the government.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi friends,

I will be heading north to BC in a month and hope to buy a Nozone pack (well liked on this fourum).

Question: where is a good place to buy one in Vancouver? I called MEC, Coast Mt Sports and Great Outdoors Equipment. No one carries this pack, but two said they could special order it. Do folks know any store in the area that actually stocks the Nozone, and if yes, the cost in $Canadian?

Cheers!

I think you can gettum at Coast Mountain sports???? Cause we used to sell them to them. But maybe they don't sell well to the yuppie 'outdoor look' crowd so they stopped carrying them in their great sweep toward the posers?

You could special order thru Valhalla Pure. Or call Arcteryx and ask who sells in Vcr area.

I just blew out my alpine pack and am in the market. It seems the sizes published by various manufacturers is not consistant. The nozone looks about right, but also seems to be a lot more expensive than other similar packs.

Mountainsmith makes both the Boundary and Wizard. Both seem really nice.

North Face has the Prophet series, but I'm just not able to do powder-puff blue. Sierra trading post has the NF Gompa for $99. Just not sure it's big enough. Also, the NF has the Springbok which is a little beefier and so weighs more, but still reasonable.

Some features I'm particular to: Lighter weight, two ice axes, extendable/removable top lid, gear loops, compression straps, larger bivy extension, hydration friendly. Wand/ski pockets would be nice.

Any opinion on frame vs. sheets?

Also, the BD ice pack looks pretty good too. Wish there were a store where i could see them all at the same time. I'm looking for feedback!!!!!!!!!!

David -

I bought the BD Ice Pack this year and have used it quite a bit, pretty happy with it, real straight forward with no foofy gimicky stuff. The only thing I would change is adding a wand pocket, it just has straps for sliding your ski's into so carying pickets and wands requires some thought. Bought mine for $127 on Snowleopord.com of course it is last years color (boo hoo) rolleyes.gif

I wanted a nozone but couldent put up the $$$ at the time and wanted something I could use for a summit pack on an extended trip.

Happy shopping!