• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Sjolseth

[TR] Mystery Ridge to Northern Pickets - Enchainment 8/15/2012

Absolutely beautiful guys. I hope you two cherish the memory of the trip for a long time.

Steph, what lens did you use for your shots? I'm figuring since you were trying to go light as possible, you just brought a 55 mm? Also did you use a hard walled case to protect your camera?

Thanks

Steph, what lens did you use for your shots? I'm figuring since you were trying to go light as possible, you just brought a 55 mm? Also did you use a hard walled case to protect your camera?

Actually, many of my photos are taken just with a point and shoot. My SLR comes out at camp (yes, I bring 2 cameras always!). I use a 10-22mm wide angle on a crop-frame sensor (so equivalent to a 16-35mm). My camera is a 7D, which is not lightweight since it has a metal body. Altogether, my camera gear weighs 8-10lbs, but it is always worth it.

On this trip my camera gear included:

• Canon 7D SLR

• Canon 10-22mm lens

• Eemote

• 4 SLR batteries

• gorilla pod

• lens cleaning supplies

• camera case for SLR

• Canon Point and Shoot camera

• 2 P&S batteries

• camera case for P&S

• GPS photo tagger

• 3 AAA batteries per day for GPS photo tagger (so 21 on this trip!)

Edited by Steph_Abegg