• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mattschweiker

[TR] Mt. Stuart - North Ridge 7/29/2012

Trip: Mt. Stuart - North Ridge

Date: 7/29/2012

Trip Report:

Chad and I climbed the N Ridge over the weekend of 7/28-29. We approched from the South via Ingalls Lake and Stuart Pass. We crossed the Stuart Glacier and were happy we had lightweight crampons and ax's. It could have been done without but easier to have them. We found water on the climbers left side of the glacier before ascending to the notch. The bivy spots at the notch are excellent and Chad and I had a really cool bivy. There was no one else on route the entire weekend, which I'm told is a bit unusual for this time of year. We simul-climbed everything except the 2 great gendarme pitches. As reported in a earlier TR, there are 2 fixed cams in the 2nd 5.9 pitch.

0136.JPG

0199.JPG

02410.JPG

427168_819805995489_535967100_n.jpg

0502.JPG

484060_819806030419_1527115247_n.jpg

As reported in a earlier TR, there are 2 fixed cams in the 2nd 5.9 pitch.

Both are #4s? That's kind of a bummer. But I guess you now definitely do not need to bring your own.