Washington Ice - Beta/Photo Request

Jason_Martin

Alex and I are getting close to our deadline. We need all of our beta and info for "Washington Ice: A Climbing Guide" by December 15th.

We are definately getting down to the wire, so if you have information or photos, please send them to us.

I am specifically looking for photos of the following:

1) Northwest Face of Colfax Peak in Winter?

2) Northwest Face of Mt. Stuart in Winter?

3) Any Photos of Ice Climbing in Mt. Rainier National Park?

As far as information is concerned, does anyone have any first or even second hand knowledge of:

1) Two waterfall ice climbs near Nada Lake?

2) Two waterfall ice climbs above Snow Lake?

3) A climb near (or above?) the golf course in Leavenworth?

4) The climb left of "Mikey's Gully" in Mt. Rainier National Park?

5) Any information at all concerning winter climbs of Big Four Mountain prior to 1995?

Feel free to add to this list Alex.

My email is j_dougie@yahoo.com and I can be reached at (206)459-8753.

Alex's email is: wastateice@yahoo.com

Thanks to all who have helped with this project.

Jason

[ 11-18-2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Jason Martin ]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few things

Ben Manfredi, did you ever take some pix of the Strobach climbs when you went in there a few years ago? I have Larrys originals which are still the best I have seen, but looking for some others if they are out there.

Other rare pictures: looking for pictures specifically of

Palisades - February Falls

Anything in Quincy Wildlife Area

Rainy Lake - an overview shot of Rainy Lake Right and Left? I've got nice action shots on the climb, but looking for something that shows both complete lines

Mazama - a picture of goat wall in good conditions? perhaps too much to ask for

Mountaineers Creek - anyone ever get a good shot of this commonly climbed ice from Mntrs creek road?

Entiat - Tyee Falls

Mt Rainier - Skookum???

White Pass - Horsetail if you have it, the only times I've been up there with camera, the damn thing was running water

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

...White Pass - Horsetail if you have it, the only times I've been up there with camera, the damn thing was running water

Alex,

To clarify, Horsetail Falls is actually closer to Chinook Pass (SR 410) than White Pass. But not to quibble...

I do have a photo of Cragg and/or myself on it, but it is running water down the middle and it was a pretty dark, dreary day. You can judge if it's "guidebook worthy" for yourself when you receive it.

...sobo

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to all our contributers, it's getting closer and closer to our deadline. On December 15th we need all the info available.

Here's a new question... Does anybody know anything about the mixed routes being put up on the opposite side of Mountaineers Creek above Bridge Creek Campground? Please email me if you have any info.

Jason