Rock Climbing Partner - x38, 11worth, squamish etc

mtngal84

I'm looking for climbing partners. Fun, motivated, safe folks looking to climb on the regular.

I'd be down to do an exit 38 trip once or twice a week MID-week and can probably skip out of town early afternoon or evening depending on the day.

Weekends I'd rather go a bit further...leavenworth, squamish, gold bar, vantage, etc.

Interested in all kinds of climbing, but I don't lead trad. Happy to follow though!

Let me know if you're interested!.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just moved to 11worth and many of the locals only want to get into the alpine or boulder which i think is sweet too but i'm selective about who i go into the alpine with until i've cragged with them a few times and bouldering can hold my attention for so long when there is so much good onsighting potential and quality roped up climbing.

i'm mainly focused on onsighting sport and trad, currently i'm onsighting 11worth 10b/c sport and trad. my goal is to make onsight attemps on every 10 in the icicle, tumwater canyons and the alpine. i'm willing to work on projects but more interested in onsighting since when i hit the road this fall that's what will help me more than anything else. i have climbed 12a sport at one time and 11a/b trad as my max but that has been reduced since i've been trying to bring my onsight level up to meet my max climbing level. because of that my finger strength is suffering this year compared to previous seasons but it will all work out in the end for the best if i can find more partners that want to crag.

i've been climbing for 12 years and i have 20 ascents in the alpine and have climbed all over the country. having established my experience and goals i would like to emphasize that it is not all about me. one of the things that keeps me from getting burned out on climbing is taking stock in the climbing development of the partners that i climb with. i still remember what it was like to be climbing at a lower level and that allows me to relate with a wide variety of partners. because of this i like to share my routes and experience while relating to the struggles of the people that i climb with to allow them to be able to climb harder. there are many walls that have an array of 11's, 10's, 9's, and 8's out here and still more with easier routes than that making it fully possible for me to get the climbs at my max as well as climbs at the max of whatever partner i am climbing with.

if it sounds like this is an atmosphere and i'm a climber that you would like to climb with drop me a line. right now i'm unemployed so i have a ton of time on my hands. it has been hot as hell over here but we have managed to get by climbing in the early morning and evening while also finding appropriately facing walls to help extend the our amount of shade we get. if things go really poorly there is still the possibility of boulder, finding boulders that face the proper direction to get the most shade possible. the forecast is calling for cooler temps in a week or so. i hope to here from you soon and good luck on our common quest to become a more proficient climber.

sparkytheflash@gmail.com

(425)478-8393

Dave Back