Poor Me.

whirlwind

Its been so long since I've had a good climbing trip, also the reason i quit, had a few to many crappy ones in a row. But im glade and a bit jealous to see alot of the same names still cranking. and guys like Blake, kicking butt. i remember when he first moved to Bellingham.

now as I sit here bored as hell with a surgically repaired Achilles reading TR's I wish I had Climbed more and as the title states, Poor Me.

Hope you guys get in some good climbs this weekend.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both shoulders are trashed. Doing a lot of hiking recently myself. Have lapped the easy SE corner 2 times recently which has been it and maxing and taxing as far as climbing: other than hiking in to get some Plaidman shots doing his new route. Tomorrow I'm going to try to hike into a new cliff that has no routes on it. Might be a reason for that:-)

How did you tear it? I wouldn't trade a rotator cuff for an Achilles, you have my sympathy: hope you heal up fast!

opps, obligatory Plaidman shot from a bit back, he's higher now:

Small_copy_Scott_on_Brother_Mike.jpg

Edited by billcoe

Partial tear playing basketball. then fully tore it 6 months later at work. i had to jump off a piece of equipment, that was falling over, was only about 2-3 ft in the air, but i came down hard on the bad leg.

thanks for the suport i hope you get healed up fast to. I have about 4 weeks before i can walk without assistance or a boot. then i hope to get into some hiking before the weather gets to terrible, I think it would be good rehab.

Edited by whirlwind

Try having kids, it's like an achilles that will never heal.

Otherwise known as the "prison years".

Gimme a break, I climbed all through the "kid years". Bring 'em along, they love playing in the dirt and chasing lizards. It's only a little hard when they are babies, you just need a third who doesn't mind kids while the wife climbs.

We carried my son out to Leavenworth and Squamish at 5 weeks. Babies are a lot tougher than people think.

Maybe while you're at it you can get together and compare your vaginas too.

Mine's the biggest.

Whazzup Wirlwind! Try having kids, it's like an achilles that will never heal.

\

Whats up E-rock, you still an eastcoaster? and yeah Im sure kids slow ya down alittle, but eventually you can take them climbing too.

Try having kids, it's like an achilles that will never heal.

Otherwise known as the "prison years".

Gimme a break, I climbed all through the "kid years". Bring 'em along, they love playing in the dirt and chasing lizards. It's only a little hard when they are babies, you just need a third who doesn't mind kids while the wife climbs.

We carried my son out to Leavenworth and Squamish at 5 weeks. Babies are a lot tougher than people think.

Yupe My X and I did this. We let him bring along whatever toys he wanted and stuck to mostly single pitch stuff. NOw if II could get my shoulder healed he'd be an awesome belay buddy.