Banks LK

Paul_detrick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

One may also argue that it is possible to climb thin ice, or fat ice without "bashing it into submission."

It's called technique.

Anyone know where I can buy some of that? I heard it's way cheaper if you order it from Europe over the internet...

quote:

Originally posted by JayB:

quote:

One may also argue that it is possible to climb thin ice, or fat ice without "bashing it into submission."

It's called technique.

Anyone know where I can buy some of that? I heard it's way cheaper if you order it from Europe over the internet...

JayB, they dont ship technique to the US, just like everything else they wont ship thanks to "Free Trade" American retail industry.

Political Rant, since I can't order Quarks from Telemark Pyranees anymore:

Free Trade to an American == Let us sell our shit anywhere and anyway, relying on overseas slave labor, but when some damn non-american company makes something that could possibly take away marketshare from a competeing American Corporation, KEEP IT OUT OH MY GOOODDD!!

quote:

It's called technique.

Whatever [Roll Eyes] He's got a whole lot of technique from 2 climbs. Doubt it [Moon]

[ 11-06-2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

"Charlet Moser Quark Ice Axe, incl strap

The Top model from Charlet Moser is a tuff competitor to The Top Machine from Grivel and is a beautiful combination of balance and power. incl. Saf´Lock wristloop Our price:

$155.33US"

That's unless you want to go leashless with Los Ergos..

whoh, JayB, I am sorry, I originally looked at the Ergos, which I dont want, my search image was just off I guess.

You are right, 153 is a great price and worth the extra 20$ to avoid sending them to my parents in Europe, then having the 'rents send em here.

Thanks for the pointer, sold.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

It's called technique.

Whatever
[Roll Eyes]
He's got a whole lot of technique from 2 climbs. Doubt it
[Moon]
Don't drag my technique into this Ray, I didn't make the thin ice comment.

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

Ok, Ok, folks I guess I'm a little overzealous, but it's hard to not get excited. They say patience is a vitue, but Ice is like crack, and I think crack would beat virtue in a fight.

[big Grin]

One might argue to let that stuff form instead of bashing it into submission too.

quote:

quote:

Ok, Ok, folks I guess I'm a little overzealous, but it's hard to not get excited. They say patience is a vitue, but Ice is like crack, and I think crack would beat virtue in a fight.

[big Grin]

One might argue to let that stuff form instead of bashing it into submission too.

That's why I'm not going.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's called technique.

Whatever
[Roll Eyes]
[Moon]

Whatever dude. I doubt you have impeccable technique. Get over it. He's just playing Devils advocate and doesnt know the whole deal. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's called technique.

Whatever
[Roll Eyes]
[Moon]

Whatever dude. I doubt you have impeccable technique. Get over it. He's just playing Devils advocate and doesnt know the whole deal.
[Roll Eyes]
Never said I did, in fact I've got a lot to learn and I'll be the first to admit it. It sounds like it's between you and him then.

I decided to go to Banks lake with my 12 guage and shoot down all the Ice that's forming so you can never climb it.......hahahahahahahaha......so how do you like that all you haters.

Hey fellas, yeah I was being a smart ass. But I was not trying to say that either of you have bad technique, it'd be foolish to judge you're ice climbing technique by reading posts of the internet.

All I was really tryin to say that people who have the "kill the ice" attitude really bug me. I don't care if it is fragile newly formed ice, or fat blue mid-season ice. When climbers hack away at it, it fucks it up for other climbers. What bothers me more is when people hack away WHILE ON TOP-ROPE!!! [Mad] (take ICY BC for example) I've been known to bury my picks while scketched on lead...alot...but there is no excuse for doing it on TR. Call me a Ice-cop if you wish, but I think it's just a matter of being respectfull of our fellow climbers.

I think climbing early season ice is great for developing technique, because you ussualy can't afford to swing hard, else lose the ice or break your picks.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that if you are new to ice climbing, practice treading as lightly as possible on the ice while on top-rope or otherwise. Hell, try doing a climb that is less than vertical without your tools, you'll be suprised about what you can do with just your feet. Or just use one tool, or try not to swing at all with two. In my opinion this is the best way to get good at climbing harder ice, and it's ice-friendly.

Anyway, have fun out there, hope to see ya!

Banks was the exit 38 of washington ice climbing 2-3 years ago. When the ice comes in, Devils PB looks like the Rambles with people lining up to TR the route and dodge deathcicles...

So, speaking Banks, and the areas surrounding, how have they fared the warm snap?