Actual Real Hallowe'en Ice Conditions

Dru

Fraser Valley: The unclimbed pillar way way up above the Mousetrap is almost in. Skinny icicle almost touching down. There IS a helicopter company located right at the base of the route...it'd be a cheap flight up there... or you could bushwack to the top from Hunter Creek and rap in.

"Medusa" has some ice on 'er. Bottom to top but probably too thin as yet. Maybe next week. [Cool]

There is a real nice two-pitch line formed up in a certain drainage off the Coquihalla near the 3km mark on the logging road. Only problem it is above about 4 pitches of WI3 that aren't formed yet. I must keep this vague cause the whole thing is unclimbed. Once Ive done it I will tell you more details.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Fraser Valley: The unclimbed pillar way way up above the Mousetrap is almost in. Skinny icicle almost touching down. There IS a helicopter company located right at the base of the route...it'd be a cheap flight up there... or you could bushwack to the top from Hunter Creek and rap in.

"Medusa" has some ice on 'er. Bottom to top but probably too thin as yet. Maybe next week.
[Cool]

There is a real nice two-pitch line formed up in a certain drainage off the Coquihalla near the 3km mark on the logging road. Only problem it is above about 4 pitches of WI3 that aren't formed yet. I must keep this vague cause the whole thing is unclimbed. Once Ive done it I will tell you more details.

i just got back from the send...it was killer.....

finally come REAL canadain ice!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

whatever dude. the helicopter was sitting on the pad dont try and BS me
[Razz]

pfft...um i levitated and shit....helos are aid and i am a purist!!!!

cording to squish grades it was wi17 grade XX....

index grades....it went a cherry flavored icee in 10 minutes

As of today (Nov 5) there was ice in on the Fraser Canyon on the Psycho Cirque stuff and also at Superheroes Cirque on ( I think) Mr Freeze. But it was pretty much unprotectable icicles and the stuff in Psycho Cirque was visibly collapsing as temperatures warmed up.

The ice near Hope was fatter today than on Halloween though. I would bet that back in Sumallo Headwaters Cirque or Nepopekum Creek bowl there will be climbable ice until tomorrow when the warm rain starts.