Felt like I was in Fight Club...

akhalteke

when they were supposed to get into a fight and lose.

Got decked in the face by a bigot (while I was in uniform) for calling said guy a bigot for participating in the Chick-Fil-Asshole dealy here.

I guess these Focus on the Family pukes really hate queers. You should have seen the look on the guys face when I smiled and walked towards him and asked if that was what Jesus would do... Priceless!!!!!

Can't wait for that company to fall into financial ruin.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, and "bigot" is more descriptive than an insult, there were many more offensive things you could have said. You're a tough nut, the last time I got punched in the face it was a 2x4 on a roof rack that I walked into, and I didn't do a lot of smiling or walking after that, at least for the first few minutes.

:tup: to you.

Nice comeback.

Gore Vidal was once decked by Norman Mailer after he wrote a bad review. From the floor his response was "Once again, words fail Normal Mailer".

Its funny that the whole anti gay marriage thing was manufactured by GOP congressmen in 1993 in response to a same sex marriage court case in Hawaii. All of a sudden, God hated fags and the Bible supported that view from the beginning. These tools are being used by a party of Nixon spawned shitheads willing to exploit the angry hairless monkey's darker nature, fear, hatred, xenophobia, ignorance, but you CAN blame them...they lap that shit up gleefully. They swagger in groups, but get one alone and, like any bully...psssssssss. There goes the balloon.

In 10 years the whole gay thing will all be ancient history and the GOP will have to find another whiny pasture for their perpetually dispepsic flock. They'll probably always be with us, but long string of defeats indicates that their hay day has come and gone. From gay marriage to intelligent design, their asses are getting handed to them by good old common American decency, reason, and the rule of law.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

You're also a bigot if you won't eat beaver butt, I mean castoreum.

When the phrase ‘natural flavors’ appears on a package, the best move is to call the company and find out what the flavors are actually made from. Of course, I say this assuming that we’re all the kind of people who would be horrified to find out that we might have come close to ingesting fluid from the sex glands of beavers.

Think that sounds absurd? Then you must not have heard of castoreum, which is “used extensively in perfumery and has been added to food as a flavor ingredient for at least 80 years.”

Castoreum is a bitter, orange-brown, odoriferous, oily secretion, found in two sacs between the anus and the external genitals of beavers. The discharge of the castor sac is combined with the beaver’s urine, and used during scent marking of territory. Both male and female beavers possess a pair of castor sacs and a pair of anal glands located in two cavities under the skin between the pelvis and the base of the tail.

Castoreum is a product of the trapping industry. When beavers are skinned for their fur, these glands are taken out, and are sold after being smoked or sun-dried to prevent putrefaction…

http://gentleworld.org/the-gross-truth-about-natural-flavors/

[img:center]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2038/2124104955_d62654b5b9.jpg[/img]

[img:center]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_p-D236RojRo/TOwsB3v_KCI/AAAAAAAAFkA/ByAse9ws3eo/s640/unclebucky960.jpg[/img]

http://books.google.com/books?id=A8OyTzGGJhYC&pg=PA277&lpg=PA277&dq=castoreum+food+ingredients&source=bl&ots=YeByZKDtcL&sig=hSfcnSCnX9LkQ7PBprj7zFg0004&hl=en&ei=Ca7HTNu5I42-sQOfkqnSDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDMQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

extract is used as flavor components (particularly in vanilla flavorings) in most food and beverages.

Consumption: Annual: 96.67 lb. Individual: 0.000081 mg/kg/day

I sure hope In and Out Burgers are leaning to the left. Seems like the name implies such? :blush: I can't afford another political circus on the only other fast food chain I crave, not to mention, that I can't get anywhere near my home, anyway.

I'd accept a black eye or two for a dozen chick filet nuggets and/or a burger combo from In & out right now. Just sayin...

Chick fil a is just being used as a battleground for the left and right, its like Afghanistan. Isn't this all over some reporter who asked the company president his opinion on something? So the guy has an opinion, bfd! He's entitled to it. You know what they say about opinions.

One political party in this country embraces and encourages bigotry to win elections, and one does not. Fear is the root of hate. The evangelical movement is driven by fear of (mythical) eternal violence. It's pretty easy to see why it not only encourages, but requires, hatred.

The good news is that Christianity, with the recent rise of the evangelical movement, has finally returned to its original doctrine based on violence and hatred of non-believers. Those phony, watered down versions that preached peace, love, and understanding are all but a memory.

At the least the rest of us now know exactly what we're dealing with so we can act accordingly. And action is required to contain any potential damage to common American decency and the values of fairness, egalitarianism, and personal liberty this secular country was founded on that would certainly be caused by this cult if left unchecked.

Save the country for God?

Um...no thanks.

Chick fil a is just being used as a battleground for the left and right, its like Afghanistan. Isn't this all over some reporter who asked the company president his opinion on something? So the guy has an opinion, bfd! He's entitled to it. You know what they say about opinions.

It's also about the 8 million dollars the company has given to anti-gay-rights lobby groups. BFD?

It's simple misdirection. The economy still blows, and it's not comfortable for the left to talk about, so let's harp on a shitty fast-food chain. Oldest trick in the book.

By some estimates, nearly a third of voters in this country self identify as evangelicals. Every single one of them embraces and promotes bigotry. Nearly every single one of them votes for a party that actively works towards bigoted policies that seek to force women to have unwanted children under penalty of murder, deny them birth control, cancer screenings, and other forms of basic health care, and prevent 5% of the population from marrying the person they love. These are people who believe that anyone who does not share their particular brand of faith will be tortured for eternity. A significant portion of them believe the world will end within their lifetime (global warming? Why care?)

What's the big deal?

"no state shall ... deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

The evangelical cult directly and actively opposes the basic American values embodied in the 14th Amendment of the Bill of Rights. No one seeks to deny these folks their right to worship as they see fit. When they seek to proscribe their beliefs to the nation as a whole backed by the rule of law, however, a strong response is required. And that is clearly and openly their agenda; to 'save this nation', the entire nation, for God.

Only a secular nation can guarantee religious freedom (and that includes the right to reject religion entirely) for its citizens. This is a movement that seeks to establish a Christian nation. It's a clear threat to what this country is all about.

To be an 'anti-Christian bigot', by definition, one would have to seek to discriminate, through the rule of law, against them. Their right to worship, to do their own family planning, to marry whom they choose.

None of this is flowing in their direction. It's all coming from them. Thus, its perfectly appropriate for Americans who believe in common decency to counter their agenda.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

It's simple misdirection. The economy still blows, and it's not comfortable for the left to talk about, so let's harp on a shitty fast-food chain. Oldest trick in the book.

Agreed. They should be calling attention to how conservatives continue to stonewall any meaningful attempt to improve the economy.