Car break-ins at Index

boadman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, now that everyone's had a chance to vent, and believe me I understand how angry that makes a person, how about some more useful info on a regular ongoing basis such as:

Crime reported to Sheriff?

Posted description of what was stolen

Description of suspicious persons

Description/plate number of suspicious vehicles

You're not going to wish those sorts of problems away; it's going to take some sort of persistent vigilance. Yeah, I know you just want to go climbing rather than be on some sort of social crusade, but.......

It runs in cycles. Car prowls/gas thefts are not uncommon; home burglaries are fairly rare.

After not too many years in the community it's not too tough to correlate the rise and fall of theft epidemics with the arrival/departure of certain individuals. The more difficult, never ending task is to come up with sufficient evidence to hold them accountable.

When a theft loss occurs it's really important that it be reported to the Sheriff, each and every time. They can't/won't do anything if they do not know the problem is happening.

Ok, now that everyone's had a chance to vent, and believe me I understand how angry that makes a person, how about some more useful info on a regular ongoing basis such as:

Crime reported to Sheriff?

Posted description of what was stolen

Description of suspicious persons

Description/plate number of suspicious vehicles

You're not going to wish those sorts of problems away; it's going to take some sort of persistent vigilance. Yeah, I know you just want to go climbing rather than be on some sort of social crusade, but.......

He did report it to the Sherriff. A shoulder bag with books, keys, etc, was all that was left behind and all that was taken.

I didn't see any suspicious vehicles, but I saw a mid-twenties man and women, slightly over-weight, that wouldn't meet my eye or respond when I passed them in the parking lot. The dude was blondish, wearing a baseball cap, and dressed in a red/black basketball jersey and black shorts. The woman was wearing black pants, shirt, and baseball hat, and had blond frizzy hair. I have no evidence that they're the ones that did the dirty deed, but they were the only characters I saw hanging around that obviously weren't there to boat or climb.

This was mostly meant as a public service announcement to remind people not to leave shit in their cars this time of year. It's the easiest solution, by far.

Please do not judge my shady character either;-) but incase ayone noticed me, ÷ld like to remove myself from the suspect pool.

I showed up sunday am to help with the work

Party and I do not climb. I rode my bike and arrived a bit late. I rode my bike around the parking lot looking for a familiar vehicle and seen none. Climbers where looking down from the wall, and I realised I was looking shady.

Went over to drink a beer by the river and noted the white vw with frsh glass in the driver seat. Warned an arriving single female to not leave anything.bhung out for a while hiding down by the river waiting for the next attack. Nothing. Seen a suspicous white van, turned out to be nothing. Drank my other beer and went home.

Sorry for the people who got stuff stolen.

Edited by alecapone