Has anyone climbed the Scar face on Goose Egg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks. My wife and I went up to climb it last weekend and didn't feel real comfortable with the looseness of the rock, especially after seeing that there were no hangers on the bottom bolts.. that being our first potential multi pitch and first time at goose egg, we thought it best to check with someone who has fairly recently done it. Thank you for posting, I feel confident enough to go give it a go now.

I have never climbed there but from everything I've heard about loose rock on the top-out as well as the routes, Goose Egg would not be my recommendation for anyone's first multi-pitch climb. It looks awesome from the road and I look forward to climbing there but I'm guessing that newer climbers might be better served elsewhere.

I have climbed there, and I'll second Matt's caution. Its a good area to have a full bag of tricks, and you'll find more suitable first multi-pitch routes at Leavenworth or Index than Goose Egg. Its a good place, but you'd do well to think of it as adventure climbing.